• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WANTED: BB 1000

dpled

Enlightened
I am looking for a Badboy 1000 mA converter board if anyone has one to sell I would appreciate it:laughing:. I can build Aleph light engines, so if you would like to trade for the build I can do that for the BB.

Thanks

Darin

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can stack 2 BB500's in parallel, and get the same effect if space permits. Also this allows it to run from very low input voltages. I was able to do this and it boosts 1 amp to a led with a Vf of 4volts, from an input of 2.4volts!!!

dpled

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip, but I am looking to put this in an Aleph Light engine:laughing:

IsaacHayes said:
You can stack 2 BB500's in parallel, and get the same effect if space permits. Also this allows it to run from very low input voltages. I was able to do this and it boosts 1 amp to a led with a Vf of 4volts, from an input of 2.4volts!!!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might be possible to fit two in the e-can. The way I did it, I soldered wires between the two boards stacking them, as there are multiple postive and negative in/out holes. Injecting thermal epoxy might be tricky between the two boards, so one may wish to fill the space between the two soldered boards before dropping them in the e-can and then doing the final potting.

There is a max 1.5amp input on the BB, so a BB1000 would need an input voltage very close to the Vf of the LED.

There should be an option for a custom BB on the SS, select your own resistors...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
easy, it's got 6v in (2x123a), and S Vf is 5.91-6.39volts. So it doesn't have much to boost at all, so that's no problem for 1.5amp max input current (draw when in regulation from batteries).

I agree, one convertor is much easier than soldering two together. It wasn't that fun when I did mine, and doing the same in the space of an E-can would be even harder!

dpled

Enlightened
Got ya!:laughing:

Now back to the matter at hand...someone.... anyone got a BB 1000