surefire sw02 rubber or nitrolon?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi guys i have been looking things up on my next purchase the sw02 clicky tailcap from surefire. i am pretty sure the boot around the clicky is rubber but in a couple of places i have read that it has nitrolon so is the boot notrolon or rubber? what are they talking about that is on the sw02 that is notrolon if it is not the boot?

please help!

oh and sorry if this is the wrong forum

Size15's

Flashaholic
:wtf: I don't know what crazy places you've been reading at but the SW02/Z48/Z49 has a rubber shroud. It is not, and never has it been ever Nitrolon.

The rubber shroud is pretty flexible - sufficient for me to remove but not quite enough for me to replace (somebody somewhere suggested I turn it inside out and somehow 'roll' it back on which is something I'll try sometime)

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok that last post went to the wrong place can any kind soul point me in the right direction. most of us here know where i want to go.

please help

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade_boy said:
Thank you Al, you really are the great one.

Oh Lord, comments like that will make him go out and buy more mirrors...:nana: :crackup:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll back up Al on this one... not that he needs me to back him up! It is a rubber or rubber-like shroud. I am appreciating the SW02 every day.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos said:
I'll back up Al on this one... not that he needs me to back him up! .
thats what i think i will see an inersting thread about surefire then i notice that Al has posted last so i think well i dont need to go to that one but i end up still goning just to see what the topics about.

by the way thanks for the advice chronos

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the nitrolon one is for the G2 and is actually MADE of nitrolon, but with a rubber boot.

--neg

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade boy,

The SW02 will be a nice addition to your M3T. It adds a better balance and feel to the light, though you lose the ability to do the Rodgers/Surefire grip with it. I don't like the SW02 so much on my M3, but on the M3T it feels and looks like it belongs there. :)

mountains_005.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
:popcorn:

Neg2LED,
There is no Nitrolon version of the SW02 (or Z48/Z49 for that matter)

leukos,
That's why I removed the rubber shroud and also one or both of the CombatGrip spacer rings so I could still use the CombatGrip on the M3/M3T etc.

P194.jpg

I agree, on the M3T and M4 the SW02 is right at home from an ergonomics perspective.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
leukos- thank you so much for the pic i have loved your light ever since i saw some time ago that is what i want my light to look like. but why the diffusion filter? and where can i get one of those things that is green and on the end of your lanyard?

have a great day!