Was surefire going to release a 1xAA light this year?

Size15's

Flashaholic
No.
SureFire plan to release a CR2 flashlight code-named "PocketRocket" which could be converted using an adapter to AA powered.
Production has been delayed along with most other non-military projects because of high demand from the Military for, well, pretty much everything SureFire that can be mounted on a weapon.

Al

ymfymf

Newly Enlightened
The other day I bought an adapter from a local distributor -- the adapter changes 6P using 2xCR123A into using 4xAAs. I was told this adapter was from Surefire many years ago but now they don't produce it anymore. The adapter looks like A19 but is much longer. I use 4 rechargeable AAs and now I have guilt-free lumen.

ymfymf

Size15's

Flashaholic
ymfymf said:
The other day I bought an adapter from a local distributor -- the adapter changes 6P using 2xCR123A into using 4xAAs. I was told this adapter was from Surefire many years ago but now they don't produce it anymore. The adapter looks like A19 but is much longer. I use 4 rechargeable AAs and now I have guilt-free lumen.

ymfymf

I have never heard of such a thing being released by SureFire. It sounds aftermarket. Please can you share photos of it?

ymfymf

Newly Enlightened
It was the first time and it was my last time to see that adapter. It is very versatile. Add it to a 6P, done.

Sorry that I can't post the photo since I drop dead my digital camera the other day.

I trust the shop that it is from Surefire -- not from after-market. Reason: This shop had a good relationship with Surefire before that it got a very early version of SF C2 with serial no. 6.

Folks, may be we should ask SF to produce this adapter again since it seems some CPFers are interested in this.

ymfymf
HONG KONG

InfidelCastro

Banned
I would be interested in running Surefire lamps of of AA batteries for sure. I think I would rather have them in quad stacks though, instead of a 4 battery long tube, especially since it has a tailswitch.

I remembered they carry this at lighthound http://www.lighthound.com/sales/accessories_for_surefire_e_series.htm

I wonder if the batteries rattle, since the CR's are much fatter than the AA's.

The description makes it confusing to how it works. It sounds like you're supposed to use it in conjunction with an A19?? If that's so.. an A19 is for C-series, not E-series lights.. I'm confused..

I would like a fat quad setup to run an incan lamp like an MN03...

I've noticed some MN03's won't light under 5V's and others will.. same with P60's.. no idea how that works.. oh gee I'm kind of letting my mind wander again.. anyways..

That would be awesome, should have a nice runtime too...

ymfymf

Newly Enlightened
To make nobody confused, here is the setup again.

One SF 6P, plus the adapter -- DONE.

ymfymf