Mcr17XR refector?

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang.... now... only to figure out how to put this into an EOS....

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
jar3ds said:
dang.... now... only to figure out how to put this into an EOS....

To me the problem is..... DANG, HOW DO I GET SOME OF THESE REFLECTORS!
icon3.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm,
Take my FF3 and throw a Q3 bin XR-E coupled with the McR17mm reflector. Change 3.6V lithium-ion for the safe LiFePO4 3.2V RCR123 battery and charger. Hmmmm... :D

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I right in thinking that this D Mcleish guy actually makes the McR reflectors?

I hope 4 of these will fit in the head of a m@g

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
monkeyboy said:
Am I right in thinking that this D Mcleish guy actually makes the McR reflectors?

well if they are 17's... they should... that is if they aren't too tall :D

Last edited:

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Was just thinking that myself, have a feeling they are a bit taller...May need a custom heatsink. Would be good if someone could design a custom heatsink so suit...Keep Dreaming! ha!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
lukestephens777 said:
Was just thinking that myself, have a feeling they are a bit taller...May need a custom heatsink. Would be good if someone could design a custom heatsink so suit...Keep Dreaming! ha!

I have 5 XR-Es coming and already have the McR19mm reflectors. It is the heat sink that is hanging it up but I'll figure out something to put a Quad XR-E Mag together. (My wife will kill me if I don't!) Since the MaxFlex is delayed 5 weeks, I should be able to make one with a block of aluminum and a dremel if need be. Maybe a copper/aluminum hybrid CPU heat sink as a doner?

At this point, it is all about the function and forget the form! :D I'll paint the nasty heat sink black so it won't look too bad inside. Maybe some bondo?

tdurand

Enlightened
Those "side shooters" may very well be the future of the lights we cary. I like thinking of names for things and the behavior of the light emitting from the side mounted Cree reminds me of the attitude one's body follows when jumping out of a fast moving airplane. Maybe the Halo Drop 1,2 or 3?(or4?). Either that or a Certain Bodily Function During An Isometrically Variable Day.

T

Kiessling

Flashaholic
monkeyboy said:

:D ... the McLeish-guy is our McGizmo on CPF, and yes, he is he maker of the McR-xx reflectors and the McLux line of lights.

bernie

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Yes yes yes!! Reload reload reload... my life is slowly turning into hitting that button. CPF - look what you've done to me!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please do!

I am dying to try to retrofit my Tri-Lux Aleph 3 with some of these.

How high are these compared to your McR18`s?

Benny

McGizmo said:
I guess I should send some of these to the shoppe? :eek: