Dell's MAJOR error [addendum]

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dell\'s MAJOR error [addendum]

Well, Dell pulled a big one. They canceled an order from the president of the American Pistolsmiths Guild because he might use it in an illegal manner. He is also the owner of Wiegand Combat Guns. See this thread @*%^! and hold on.
mad.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Dell\'s MAJOR error [addendum]

For what it's worth, I sent an email expressing my opinion & suggestion to move out of Texas.
mad.gif
mad.gif
TX

K Horn

Newly Enlightened

You knew with Gateway at least that anyone with a ponytail that talked to cows, had to lean a little left.

I always felt that DELL had good conservative values, one of the reasons I had stocked an office with over 100 DELL pc's and notebooks.

Does anyone in Corporate America look at the values that real Americans wish to return to???? or are their heads just too high in the clouds.......
confused.gif

JollyRoger

Enlightened

Hehe...you know. I think this thing was really the fault of some person handling that order who didn't call Mr. Wiegand and inform him. I mean, come one...do you really think a company with the name "combat" in it is going to do something illegal or openly buy products *directly* from a big corporation with the intentions of using it for something illegal? What knucklehead stopped the order?

But...Being such a large, high-profile company like Dell, you have to be cautious and watch your business....I'm sure the employees are all briefed on the ways to do business "cautiously" these days.

What if something *did* happen...and the resulting headlines people saw was "Dell Computer sells technology to Al Quaeda" or something like that?

I think Dell was wrong for pulling the plug w/o informing the purchaser...but it's a done deal. They made a mistake and they apologized to him...

Now, as for the opinions and views that the company has on different subjects...I don't know...
rolleyes.gif

That said, I think Dell's customer service was a bit better several years ago...but they're still a lot better than some other companies I can think of...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Reminds me of the story I heard the other day about a double amputee (no legs) parking in a handicap spot & getting a ticket because he didn't have a handicap sticker. He explained he had lost it but the cop gave him a ticket & told him he'ld have to get another one. When he went down to get it in his wheel chair, he was told by the clerk he'ld have to have a note from his doctor to get a sticker. This probably never happened, but I believe it could. Lots of people today can't see past the end of their nose. TX

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

phred,
I clicked on the second link, and read Mr Wiegands statement, QUOTE:

"I was contacted by a Dell representative this morning a Mr. John Hood. John made the following remarks. He extended Dells sincerest apologies for the incident. He said Dell would review and possibly change the screening policies to prevent this from happening again. Dell offered to ship the machine I ordered to me at no charge, I respectfully declined the offer"

If that is as I read it, Mr. Wiegand is truly a man of outstandingly!? "high principle" to refuse to accept an apology including a free offer like that.
shocked.gif

(Me, I would have succumbed ....... )
grin.gif

TX, this is true:
In the UK, an Ambulance which had parked up unattended for a few minutes was clamped !!
(A clamp is what you USAnians call a Denver-boot.)
The ambulance was in full colours, with all the lights and bells.
Luckily, the ambulance was not on an Emergency call.
The private company which did it would not unclamp it until the fees were paid, and in their statement to the press, refused to acknowledge the insanity of theit action.

lightlover
confused.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
frown.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

LL,
Where did you come up with "USAnians"? It's almost as hard to read as it is to say.
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
TX

Darell

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
LL,
Where did you come up with "USAnians"? It's almost as hard to read as it is to say.
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ain't that the truth. I'm still trying to wrap my tonsils around it. At first I thought it was an insult. Then I thought it had something to do with Asians. I think I got it now
grin.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, here's more news on Dell.
Seems they are anti-gun after all. Looked like things were quieting down after the " I'm sorry" but it has been posted that Dell gives a portion of every sale to Handgun Control Inc. See this site and scroll down to computers. www.progressivefunds.com/hci
Time to send more mail to Dell.

Hey DUDE, your getting a Gateway.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kluas. Try again. I just tried my link and the one you have and both work. Dell IS there.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dana,

you are right - checked on a different system and too many companies showed up - including DELL - hmmh - what about posting this on the Yahoo and RagingBull message boards where the smaller DELL shareholders are hanging out - if they new what Micheal Dell is doing with their money
grin.gif

Klaus

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

ROFLMAO,

the boards had been already informed by others - posted my 2 cents there too - guess DELL will be getting some heat real soon now - seems there is a nice thing brewing an growing now - wait till Dell PR and shareholder relations gets asked about this.

LOL

Klaus

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
LL,
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TX, Darell,
I wish I could claim the credit for coining that,
shocked.gif
but I read it here on the board some time ago. I quite like it, but I think I'll use "Americans" from now on.

lightlover
smile.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif