Exolion Ti info, owners?

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys and girls

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a Exolion Ti (if it makes it across the Pacific) and wanted to know about your experiences with the light.

I have been wondering about the Flupic ugrade with the U bin emitter. Is it worth the extra dough?

Has anyone shaved down the emitter and shoved a Cree XR-E in there yet?

Any info would be much appreciated.

quantile

Newly Enlightened
Exolion Ti #17 lives on my keychain since I got it from the orginal run done by gregw. For me, it is the perfect keychain light. I much prefer its form factor to the thinner AAA lights. Handles really well, I can turn it on and off easily one-handed and cycle through the modes.

Riding with the keys all the time and being dropped on the floor occasionally the body shows some scratches, but being Ti without coating of any kind it doesn't look bad at all. A polish would return it to a like-new condition I think.

Of course, I also had to get the U-bin upgrade from Goldserve :grin2: IIRC the UX0J sandwich was brighter than the stock unit by 15% or so at comparable levels. I mainly got it because I wanted the full-featured FluPIC with an adjustable low-level which I set two or three levels higher compared to the Exolion's stock setting. I use low mode almost exclusively.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Marcus

jefft

Enlightened
I also have one of the original Exolion Ti. I would caution you to be careful when you let someone else play with the light. I have had 3 of the original sized RCR2 cells "dented" when the other party cranked down too hard to turn the light on. This then makes the contact intermittent and the battery essentially useless. AW has just released some cells that are just slightly longer than his original run which came with the light, but also smaller than the last batch. (which will work, but they leave an unsightly gap) I just ordered some and I think they will be better for long term use in this light. BTW, I also swapped in a Goldserve flupic.

quantile

Newly Enlightened
jefft, I would be interested in your results with these slightly longer RCR2s. To try it out, I put a small disc magnet on top of a cell and found it easier to turn on the light.

Marcus

jefft

Enlightened
Marcus, using a longer battery definitely makes turning on the light more consistent. Unfortunately, with the "last version long battery" (the ones that work fine with the CR2Ion and OrbRAW) I was always a little concerned about the head of my Exolion rotating off because of the extra space. I think the most recent iteration of AW's RCR2 should be as Goldilocks would say, "just right".

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers Dizos

Thanks for the link quantile

I am currently waiting for AW to get the RCR2's back in stock so I can get some. Good news if these are a good fit for this light.