Supermarket flashlight moment, this guy EDC more lights than ANY of you!

supermarket.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/handlobraesing/CPF/A0/supermarket.jpg

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
That may be true... but just one of my flashlights alone would kill all of those combined. :nana: :)

Last edited:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
They must have taken the CPFer advice and bought both... a few times. :grin2: All those lights probably cost as much as one of the batteries used in a decent light. :sssh: That's a pimp ride though. :lolsign:

NAW

Enlightened
skalomax said:
How Do You Know Those Are Custom ROP's? :grin2:

Because if he had that kind of money he'd get himself a better ride. :laughing: :lolsign:

-Nah, but its cool to see we have another flashaholic out there. I wonder if hes heard about us? :)

Last edited:
He's got ten 2D on front and two 2D on rear. For the weight of 24 D cells, you could make a nice lithium-ion based electric-bicycle battery pack.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
real smart..
spend the money saved from not buying gasoline on d cells to feed those plastic pos "headlights"
2 wheeled tacky blingmobile!

The owner didn't even bother to lock it. I guess he knew better enough nobody would steal something so fugly and characteristic.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but this guy WANTS to be seen! Can you imagine if a car hits him?

"I'm sorry officer, but I just didn't seen him!"

Officer, "How could you NOT see him?"

"I was blinded by the light!"

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
The owner didn't even bother to lock it. I guess he knew better enough nobody would steal something so fugly and characteristic.
Thats what I was thinking! He needs a little Hello Kitty or flowers on his basket to make it theft-proof.
I think it would have been worth hanging around a few minutes to get to talk to the person who rode that freak-mahcine.

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
While I'd normally jump in and make fun of this guy's bike, I can't help but think he MIGHT have a mental disability. Maybe like the guy in my neighborhood who rides around picking up cans and bottles to get the 5 cent deposit back at the supermarket. Whatever his condition, it's clear that he really likes flashlights, spends too much money on batteries, and probably takes some kidding from folks he knows. Sounds familiar...

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would agree with you. I'm just somewhat apalled that a bunch of people who devote a lot of time to a flashlight forum would be making fun of this person. It's hardly funny that a country as affluent as the U.S. would drive people impaired with mental illness to have to pick up cans and bottles as a means of income.

The Shadow said:
While I'd normally jump in and make fun of this guy's bike, I can't help but think he MIGHT have a mental disability.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just thinking pretty much the same thing. I can't pass judgement on someone I dont know their situation. He might be getting by the best he knows how and trying to be safe. There but for the grace of God go I.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on guys, this guy is all of us on a budget, but actually USING his lights for something worthwhile.

He has multi level incandescent lighting, the best of the best for color rendition under all outside circumstances, and on top of that, during the day he has BRIGHT side markers!

I wasn't kidding above when I said that if he gets hit the driver has NO excuse!

That said, that isn't a beater bike. Look closely at the paint, handlebar end mirrors, gel seat, wheel reflectors that are in good shape, etc.

That's somebodies cruiser bike that has some whimsy and a need for cheap light sources for riding. If I had to guess, it's an East Coast, Nantucket/Chesapeake Bay/Martha's Vineyard kind of bike. OR alternatively, a Washington State beach/island bike, or possibly the Oregon coast or Santa Cruz, CA area. All those areas seem to attract the whimsical people with a practical side who would see no contradiction in using battery powered lights on a bicycle.

Besides that, maybe all those are rechargeables!!

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
This hasn't got anything to do with this bicycle...

But you can see a certain man on the side of 59 anywhere between Cleveland and Livingston picking up cans (and anything else he fancies!).

I'm not sure you could FORCE him to quit doing it.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool bike. I believe picking up recyclables is an honorable way to spend one's time.

Oh, the tennis balls are for the golden retriever.