Where do you live?

savumaki

Enlightened
Locations;
I get a kick out of seeing where members live; province/state/country, whatever. It's nice to see the various areas of the world that are involved in this hobby of ours.

Lately I've noticed more and more members who give no hint of where they are (I know its not necessary) which rings hollow for me.

Just my inane thoughts on a cold, wet, 'snow on the ground' day.

What do you think?

alaskawolf

Enlightened
currently living in Fairbanks but im moving back to North Pole Alaska next month which is only about a 15ish minute drive.

it started snowing in september again :(

3888SnowyPathP.jpg
picture from last weekend by a local artist

Lupercal

Newly Enlightened
Lindisfarne, Tasmania. These are 'The Organ Pipes' on a nearby Mt, which I trook a few years ago:

moun16.jpg

This is looking across the river, about a mile from my house (I didn't take this one)

mt2.jpg

Loop

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
At the present time: Sacramento CA. USA.
I used to live in Seattle WA.; previous to that I lived in Juneau AK.

In Juneau, it rains, rains, rains.
They say it rains a lot in Seattle; but "they" must have never lived in Juneau.
roll2.gif

savumaki

Enlightened
WOW- I just wondered about locations but those pics are GREAT, I am going to use some in my w/paper rotation.

All right everyone, how about ONE pic from your area that shakes your tree :grin2:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in Potomac, MD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potomac,_Maryland) a suburb of Washington, DC. This is a very affluent area (no, I'm not stinking rich; I just got lucky to buy into the market when I did). The city actually borders on the historic Potomac River. One of our favorite weekend activities with the kids is to walk along the C&O canal. My wife was born and raised here, and we take care of her (widowed) father who lives/lived about a mile from us (a real-life "Everyone Love Raymond").

My neighborhood is about ideal for kids. We have at least three parks within walking distance including "Hadley's Park" which was designed for disabled children.

Other than traffic, high taxes, and stress this is a great place to raise a family.

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Shepherd, TX which is about 70 miles from Houston along Hwy 59N.

Neatest thing around here right now is that the TRA is releasing a LOT of water from Lake Livingston. The Dam is impressive! when filling up the Trinity River!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The only photograph I have handy of my new digs in Sacramento CA. USA is this one, showing the front of my home:

home3.jpg

My door is in the opening at the far left (of the three openings visible next to one another) of the structure.

drizzle

Enlightened
I wish I lived where I took this picture. It's a picture of Mount Rainier from the alpine wildflower meadow above Sunrise. It's one of my favorite spots near Seattle. I have a nice view of the Cascade Mountain Range from my house too but nothing like this.
Image0242.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
PhotonWrangler said:
Very nice, Craig! Is that a townhome?
It's an apartment unit; 2 bedroom 2 bath with a kitchen, dining room, and living room.
There's a small outdoor balcony, which is covered, so it's sheltered from the weather.
The only thing it's really missing is an outdoor testing range for flashlights and lasers; plus the sun does not enter indoors here (at any time of year) where I can take a spectrographic analysis of it (it has been asked of me several times, but I cannot oblige).

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The_LED_Museum said:
The only thing it's really missing is an outdoor testing range for flashlights and lasers; plus the sun does not enter indoors here (at any time of year) where I can take a spectrographic analysis of it (it has been asked of me several times, but I cannot oblige).

Hmm, neat idea. You could always get creative with mirrors or a fiber optic cable...

marxs

Enlightened
currently in the philippines. sorry no pictures here, though i have a clip of the typhoon that hit us. man i miss those 3 locations, though down memory lane it would be long beach, lakewood then cerritos.

skalomax said:
I Live In Bellflower, California.

Close to Long Beach, Cerritos, Lakewood.

BUZ

Enlightened
I live in Olympia WA, can see the capitol building off my porch!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
marxs said:
currently in the philippines. sorry no pictures here, though i have a clip of the typhoon that hit us. man i miss those 3 locations, though down memory lane it would be long beach, lakewood then cerritos.

Wow... How Do You Like It Over There?
Its Pretty Decent Here, though somethings could be better.

marxs

Enlightened
its pretty ok here, getting breezy and a bit cool. i kinda miss ceritos mall though..i dont know why..hahaha