• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Reason.

Recently I've gotten some inquiries about what sorts of mods I do... and it's difficult to answer because the range is pretty broad! I'm hoping this thread will serve a little bit as a notebook of sorts, logging some new builds and ideas, showing some of the more interesting photos, and generally letting folks get a taste of my work.

Some Introductory Photos!

Here is a small collection of some of the more interesting things I've built, along with annotations... I'll keep the descriptions very terse for now but welcome inquiries. BTW, if you want ANYTHING built, give me a shout! As good friend Knight Lights is fond of saying, anything is possible... the impossible just takes longer! ;)

On to the show! Hee hee. :p

Project-M Runtimes
img-m-runtimes.gif

M180-Mag 2C Closeup
img-m180-ice-flare-closeup.jpg

3 Versions of the M180
img-m180-family-leefdapter.jpg

Kiessling's M180 "Jewelbox"
img-m180-kl2-kiessling-outdoor-closeup.jpg

M180-KL2 Runtimes by Cell Type

M180-KL2 Performance vs. Above Average SureFire L6
img-m180-kl2-leef-runtime-vs-lbu-complete-w-l6-linear.jpg

KL3 TIROS Optic Replaced with McR38cut Reflector
img-kl3-new-mcr38cut-profile.jpg

Milky L1
img-cpf-ml1-head-up-left-back.jpg

Optimator on 2 Cell Dual Stage Body
img-cpf-optimator-l1.jpg

Optimator on 3 Cell Dual Stage Body
img-cpf-optimator-l2.jpg

Optimator (a.k.a. Longinus) on Single Stage C3 Body
img-cpf-optimator-c3-fun.gif

M180-KL2 Crenelated Bezel... A Rarity!
img-m180-kl2-leef-standup.jpg

Mini-e Collaboration with Wasabe64
image-cpf-minie-ruggedized-profile-lit-closeup.jpg

PK L6 Porcupine Converted to X300-KL6
img-m180-porcupine-profile.jpg

img-m180-porcupine-closeup.jpg

M360 "Silver Guardian YS" Two-Tiered Reflector Array
img-m360-silver-guardian2-into-head.jpg

M420-KT4 Bezel Closeup
img-m420-kt4-bezel-trans.gif

M90-M1 Illuminator (LuxV WXOS, runtime 90m on 1x123 Primary)
img-m90-m1-benighted-head.jpg

img-m90-m1-benighted-head-closeup.jpg

img-m90-m1-benighted-beam-profile.jpg

img-m90-m1-benighted-beam-hotspot.jpg

L2 Shorty! Soul of the L2 Transplanted Into an L1 Body
img-milky-l2-shorty-standing.jpg

Milky Redbird Dorcy 1AAA Mod
img-cpf-redbird-upright.jpg

MSaxatilus' Makita Work Light LED Conversion
img-msax-makita-off.jpg

Prototype Project-M Body (Mockup)
img-projm-1x18650-design.jpg

X700-M6 In Action
img-x700-m6-garage.jpg

X700-M6 vs. Some Well-Known Friends
img-x700-m6-outdoor-beam-composite.jpg

Milky Candle v1 (current version is MC2, digitally controlled)
image-cpf-mc1-on-with-clock-small.jpg

Milky Candle "Shorty" Edition
img-cpf-mc-shorty-cistern.jpg

3 Different Fenix Mods
img-3fenix-beamshots.jpg

Pimped-Out Q3 (PQ3)
image-cpf-pimped-out-qiii.jpg

Arc-Aleph Hybrid Dual Stage EDC
img-arcls-1w-sxoh-585ma-mcr18-profile.jpg

Milkbone 2AA/1AA/1x123
image-cpf-milkbone-2aa-off-angle.jpg

KrollGard for Arc LS Tail
image-cpf-krollgard-bquinlan-tail.jpg

Classic Single-Lux Mag Mod
image-cpf-homemade-snii-1.jpg

Last but not least...

Milky Labs in full production mode!
img-pf6-milky-house-with-logo.jpg
img-pf6-milky-house-with-logo.jpg

:)

Last edited:

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M180 is awesome. You do such great work, and not enough people know about it! Good luck with your projects!
-bobby

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't wait to see some of these in person! Is PF7 still a go? Gonna try to bring some $$$ with me.

Have you got any Crees?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
You Are THE MAN!!

Im Interested in the KL3 to MCR-38 Mod.

Thanks Skalomax! :eek:

img-kl3-new-mcr38cut-profile.jpg

At the moment I don't have any KL3 TIROS heads on hand, but if you were to send me yours the rebuild, including the cut-down McR-38 reflector as well as a new emitter (I used LuxI SWOH in this one), would cost $115 plus shipping. BTW, I nicknamed the resulting head the "Blowtorch." :naughty:

Some more photos of the rebuild...

Looking Into The Bezel. (Yes, there IS a lens on there!)
img-kl3-new-mcr38cut-spaced.jpg

Beam profile
img-kl3-new-mcr38cut-ceiling.jpg

The Results!
Left: Midday, shades drawn.
Right: Same as above but with The Blowtorch shining downrange.
:)
img-kl3-new-mcr38cut-compare.jpg

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
:goodjob:Milky, you are very busy:). Great lights and nice pictures:clap:

Best regards

_____
Tom

Tom, many thanks! :bow: Truth be told, these all didn't happen in a week! It took a while. ;)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitroz said:
Nice candy! Especially the m420 WOW!
nakahoshi said:
My M180 is awesome. You do such great work, and not enough people know about it! Good luck with your projects!
-bobby
kiely23+ said:
very:goodjob: milkyspit

Guys, really appreciate the kind words. If I can offer some help on something, don't hesitate to ask!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Can't wait to see some of these in person! Is PF7 still a go? Gonna try to bring some $$$ with me.

Have you got any Crees?

Yup, PF7 is still a go. Come join us! :D

Don't have any Crees yet, but I'm certainly trying to get some! Send a few my way if you find yourself with some extras on your hands, heh heh. :naughty:

Uriah

Enlightened
Hi Milkyspit,
Would really like to get one of your M90-M1 Illuminator mods on my light that i just got.Could we make that happen?
Thanks

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little new eye candy! This is a special M180-KL2 light I'm building for AreWeThereYetDad. Gotta give him credit for insisting on this specific combo... and IMHO it does look really nice! Good picks, Dad! :)

img-m180-kl2-m2c-c2-sw01rev2-annotated.jpg

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
karlthev said:
Whoa, up purdy early aren't ya!!??

Karl
Karl, must be the daylight savings "fall back" thing... apparently not adjusted yet!
:shrug:

marxs said:
wow that mini-e looks cute, whats the specs on those? cr2 battery configuration?
Marxs, the Mini-e is a one-of-a-kind light I build in collaboration with fellow CPFer Wasabe64. The head is E1E with stock reflector (gives a hotspot plus SUPER wide spill), a LuxIII T**J emitter on a REALLY large solid aluminum heatsink, that Wasabe64 made so it's as form-fitting as a slinky dress on a supermodel, ;) BadBoy750 (if memory serves) boost regulator... and for the body, an old Arc LS First Run 1AA "skinny" battery tube that believe it or not, was bored wide enough to accept a 123 cell! Truly OTHERWORLDLY machining by Wasabe! He must be a Martian or something. ;)

Let's see... specs... well, a 123 cell will last for less than an hour, but it's one heck of a bright hour! Something along the lines of 80 lumens I'd guess, give or take a few... and believe it or not, this package is actually slightly SHORTER than a FireFly. :naughty:

Uriah said:
Hi Milkyspit,
Would really like to get one of your M90-M1 Illuminator mods on my light that i just got.Could we make that happen?
Thanks
Sure! Pricing looks to be $165 plus shipping to do the build in your M1, or $235 plus shipping to do the build in one of my M1 hosts. All things considered, I'd just as soon build into yours unless you've already got other plans for it... but really no problem either way. PM me if you want to move on this! Ask MSaxatilus how he likes his. :)

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mods, very impressive !

I do have a few questions:
1) What is the original host of the "Mini-e Collaboration with Wasabe64" ?
2) How did you manage to get 90m runtime from "M90-M1 Illuminator (LuxV WXOS, runtime 90m on 1x123 Primary)". Curious how many lumens from how many amps ?
3) And furthermore, can you explain "Arc-Aleph Hybrid Dual Stage EDC" and
"KrollGard for Arc LS Tail" for my ?

Thank you very much for your time and efforts into this and keep up the good work !
Cheers ! :D

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
bombelman said:
Nice mods, very impressive !

I do have a few questions...
1) What is the original host of the "Mini-e Collaboration with Wasabe64" ?

Arc LS First Run 1AA skinny body, bored out to accept a 123 cell, threads shortened to mate properly with the E1E head.

2) How did you manage to get 90m runtime from "M90-M1 Illuminator (LuxV WXOS, runtime 90m on 1x123 Primary)". Curious how many lumens from how many amps ?

The WXOS is driven at 350mA. Roughly 90 lumens output. Spec on that part is 170 lumens at 700mA.

3) And furthermore, can you explain "Arc-Aleph Hybrid Dual Stage EDC" and "KrollGard for Arc LS Tail" for my ?

Arc-Aleph: Arc LS head with McR-18 reflector, LuxI SXOH emitter, current bias upgraded to 585mA... Aleph 1x123 body with head end turned down to fit inside the Arc LS head... McClicky guarded tailcap modded to dual stage twist on/off, click high/low operation. It's one of my favorite lights... nice balance of brightness, runtime... nice beam and tint... tailstandable... compact... rugged... good variation between the high and low levels. :eek:

KrollGard: Basically a hand-cut medium-hardness rubber ring that's friction fit around the rubber boot of the Kroll switch and has three protruding legs to give the light tailstand capability without significantly impacting the clickability of the switch. :)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
X384-KL3 for Miciobigio

It's been a long road getting the right parts together, but I'm working on one of these for Miciobigio... couple quick photos of the build in progress...

img-x384-kl3-head-trans.gif

img-x384-kl3-into-head.jpg

M90-M1 Illuminator: The Latest!

Here are a couple just-completed M90-M1 Illuminators... made a few small design improvements over the first generation of this build (from last week!) including 50% increase in light output at no cost currentwise...

img-m90-m1-wxos-cab-forward.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.