WAT DU I H8?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This is what I h8.

asshole1.jpg

Company van. Parked directly in front of the wheelchair cut-out in the sidewalk, and right in front of his place of employment too! With this dillhole parked here, I have to go 2 block up, 1 block across, 2 blocks back down, and 1 block the other way in order to go 50 f**king lousy feet.

asshole2.jpg
ahole2.jpg

Once I finally got across, I screwed on the zoom lens and tried to get his license number. Without a tripod it was pretty much impossible to get a good shot. But I think I nailed it: TYE-133

The insolent a**hole, I hope he gets one of those pink sheets or whatever you get for being fired.

I so much wanted to slash his tyres or flip open his gas cap and use it for a urinator (**** in it), but at the same time I didn't want to get a ticket myself that I couldn't afford to pay and that I'd end up "working off" making license plates in the local constabulary.
frown.gif

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
xye-133
but actually the ^ part of the xwe see is probly a pic of THE mountian that is rumered to appear when the stars line up just right. sorry craig but last fall i went to seatle and mt rainer and saw no mountain even at its base. i had more of a chance to see an aurora borialis over miami
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
xye-133
but actually the ^ part of the xwe see is probly a pic of THE mountian that is rumered to appear when the stars line up just right.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell you what.
I'll shoot a picture of it from here (100+ miles away) the next time I'm away from the downtown retail core. Then I'll post it here. Fair enough?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arfo:
To me it looks like XYE-133.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's what I though too, until I magnified both the original and the one I took with the telephoto lens. At 1600x magnification there is evidence of a greenish colored state licensing "tab" placed right at the bottom of the "T" on this plate, so when the JPG compression crunched the image, it kind of melted the two together so it looks a bit like an "x". I may have gotten a better picture if I'd have set the image quality to "high" instead of "basic" when I first shot these.

I could always ring up the D.O.L and get the plate number if there is any dispute. I'm actually going to start a web page showing pictures + license tags of everybody I come across who violates a handicapped access zone like this. More productive than kicking in their taillights or slashing their tires.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
craig just so you know. the owner is gonna here from me. might freak him out to know a guy from nc can discribe his van so well. what do you think
grin.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
shocked.gif
cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's cool!
I'd love to see the look on his face when you start describing the van.
blush.gif

FYI it was parked behind a silver-brown spots car with a low spoiler, and that was parked behind a light blue & white pickup truck. This was sometime between 2:00 and 2:30 yesterday afternoon. I don't have a watch, so I cannot provide an *exact* time.

Let me go snag that photo.

ahole3.jpg

Frame Central is owned by Northwest Framing Inc. out of Portland Oregon. I could not find a web URL or e-mail contact for them.

There is still some dispute over that plate number. From some images, it looks like TYE 133 while in others is looks like XYE 133. It's definitely one of those two though.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
craig just so you know. the owner is gonna here from me. ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same thing occurred to me - I waited until their business hours co-incided with my own UK hours, and phoned Frame Central.

After enduring the automatic switchboard, (it was one of the multi-multi option type) I spoke to the Seattle office's Rob Smith, a pleasant kind of guy. He understood the situation, took it seriously, and said that he was "on the case".
He also mentioned that he'd spoken to someone else about the same thing just before, so I guess that must have been you, Aragorn.

Telephony, any more problems, just let me and Aragorn know - we will deal with it - just by "reasoning" with the offenders ......

lightlover
smile.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

It's truly amazing what the Internet is capable of.
[Edit - composed while Craig was posting his reply.]

WaltH

Enlightened
I also left a very civil message for the HR department to "please check into the identity of the offender"...and hopefully can his a**.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
That`s just messed up. Some people have no respect. Ah go on- if he does it again, slash his tire when no-one`s looking!
tongue.gif
mad.gif

The license plate- I think it`s KYE....anyone else see it that way or did I f*** up my eyesight when I accidentally caught a reflection of craig`s green laser eariler today (I have a loan of it at present).

...you know, at first- seeing the title of this topic- I thought you were going to have a go at Text Message Shorthand (just one of my own, more inane my pet hates) that seems to be taking over the world.

rolleyes.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
\/\/|-|4T, U H8 'di5 |<||\|D 0f t4|_|<||\|G? I5 |T 'C4|_|5E |'|\/| fR0 |\/| da g|-|ETt0 d4\/\/G? (What, you hate this kind of talking? Is it because I am from the ghetto..dog? Not that that took me over 5 minutes to write two short, simple sentences or anything.....)

Spud

busbar

Newly Enlightened
I'd hope that it wouldn't work anymore, but sometimes self-important jokers try to justify their pig-headed actions by putting an "Emergency Service Vehicle" placard on the dashboard. That hotshot mentality deserves a guaranteed towaway.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
craig he told me he would chew some butt. GO ROB! i think when his superior informs this parking offender that people world wide are seeing his acts and take the time to call in and complain he will urinate in his pants
grin.gif
. tell us if you get any apologees since i gave him my contact info and yours too.
nobody says we dont take care of each other at cpf, right
cool.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
What did you guys tell Rob anyway? That you saw pictures of the offending vehicle on the INTERNET? That will definitely raise a few eyebrows at the very least.
shocked.gif

Thanks for stepping in - espcially those overseas where I know a phone call costs a heck of a lot more than a quarter!
cool.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

I'd better keep an ear open for a 503- area code call coming in over the cell phone in case the guy calls to apologise! Though E-mail is the best way to get through because I tend to not answer the phone when the number shows up as unlisted or blocked.
blush.gif

I also posted these pictures over on wheelchairjunkies.com message board.
http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/003733.html

They also suggested I start a website with these types of pictures and then, through multiple e-mails (these tend to get forwarded intraoffice), sound the alarm to people like TV stations and newspapers and see if one of them does anything.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by busbar:
I'd hope that it wouldn't work anymore, but sometimes self-important jokers try to justify their pig-headed actions by putting an "Emergency Service Vehicle" placard on the dashboard. That hotshot mentality deserves a guaranteed towaway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, there are bungholes out there doing something very similar, and getting away with it.
Check this out and you'll see what I mean. They had an expose' on KCPQ-13 FOX here in Seattle and people are buying these "novelty" handicapped permits and using them at grocery stores, sporting events, and other public venues just to save themselves a few steps at the expense of somebody who really, really needs the parking spot to unload a wheelchair or somebody that needs a walker.

I did email this guy and got the typical "you're a pottymouth and these are perfectly legal" type of reply. Other people have taken more agressive steps like going to the AG's office and writing congressmen, but nothing seems to be able to take this guy down.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
... nobody says we dont take care of each other at cpf, right
cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And quite right too, Aragorn, cool indeed.

We'll larn 'em not to cross a member of CPF !!

Craig, I didn't actually say that I'd seen it on the net, just that it was troubling a friend of mine, and I wanted to complain on his behalf. (I did say that I was calling from "London, England" though.)

lightlover
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
Unfortunately, there are bungholes out there doing something very similar, and getting away with it.
Check this out and you'll see what I mean.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I canNOT freaking believe he can stay in business. Let me guess: He hides behind "freedom of speach," right?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>putting an "Emergency Service Vehicle" placard on the dashboard. That hotshot mentality deserves a guaranteed towaway.[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is my very big pet peave also. In Texas durning Sweeps month a while back, a local news station found out that there were NO REQUIREMENTS to get an official tag from the State of Texas issued (not a fake) handicapped tag. All you had to do was fill out a form. Supposedly the State said that they were going to change the law.

I have often wondered if there were phony tags on the internet, I figured there were (you can get anything you want on the internet!) but never saw them.

HOWEVER, whenever I see an aparently "able bodied" person parking in a handicap space, I do not say anything or even give them "the eye", as they could be picking up someone, or could be handicaped in a way that may not be apparent to a casual onlooker.

Of course, my gut says that most of the time, they are abusing the space, but it can't be proven. The one time I would say something to someone, they would probably have a legitimate reason to park there.

Did anyone see the movie "Me Myself and Irene", where Jim Carey "takes out his rage" on somone who parks in a handicaped spot?

The scene was pretty funny, but DOES NOT make fun of a handicapped person.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
tell us if you get any apologees since i gave him my contact info and yours too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing yet. But I'll give it a week or so in case he's mailing an apology letter via snail mail.
blush.gif