Confusion with APA format research

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Hi,

I am currently having problems with the reference list on a research that i am doing in APA format and hope someone here who is firmilar with it can help me out. I have a little bit of problem with the names on the reference page. The author for the book I am researching has its name stated "Goolkasian, Gail A." Translating it to APA reference format, is it "Gail, A.G." ?

I got problems with names. I think "Gail" is the last name but what is his initials? In the reference list, the APA guides indicates that the Last name comes first followed by the author's initials.

Thanks

Last edited:

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the author's name is given exactly as you spell it, especially with the comma, I would assume it is "Gail A. Goolkasian", first name "Gail", middle initial "A", last name "Goolkasian".

This would translate to "Goolkasian, G.A.".

EDIT: I googled a lawyer in Boston with this name (as I stated it), who wrote a book entitled "Coping with Police Stress". Is this it?

Last edited:

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Thanks for the effort.:goodjob: Yup I am doing a research about Stress and how it Affects the Quality of Policing.

The book is "Coping with Police Stress"

Thanks

elgarak said:
If the author's name is given exactly as you spell it, especially with the comma, I would assume it is "Gail A. Goolkasian", first name "Gail", middle initial "A", last name "Goolkasian".

This would translate to "Goolkasian, G.A.".

EDIT: I googled a lawyer in Boston with this name (as I stated it), who wrote a book entitled "Coping with Police Stress". Is this it?