Does U2 use a LuxV star or emitter? Trying to decide on emitter upgrade.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its' seems that putting a Cree in a U2 requires quite a bit of modding to the head, heatsink, etc. which is more than I want to do to my precious U2. So I've been looking at emitters in the Dealer forum from PhotonFanatic. He has WW0S emitters and WW0T, WX0T and WY0S stars. What difference is there between them? I don't think I'm willing to try and pry off the emitter from the base of a $35 star. Seems like an invitation to disaster! What would you do or get?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Litemania has some WWOT's for $23 each in the dealers' corner now.
These are quite nice.
18 months ago, we were fighting over this bin and they were going for $65+ back then when one could be found.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred will remove the emitter from the star for a few extra dollars. He always ships very quickly and is a great guy to deal with.
If you want a pure white tint, go with the XO
If you want a really nice warm tint, Go with WO (best tint there is)

You will be very happy with the WWOS or WWOT lux5.
I am very sure you will void your Warranty on your U2 if you do this mod. good luck
-bobby

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
U2 got emitter, at first I put the WWOT then try WWOS, the WWOS got much more brightness and more runtime too. the WYOS is more bright but kindda blue.
You don't pry the emitter, you just desolder the emitter leg off the base and use two plyer and bend the base, the emitter just pop off the base.
If you want to open the U2, pm member "grnamin", he the best I know at open Surefire lights. :goodjob:

Last edited: