Seattle pictures for Aragorn

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Here are a few I have handy at the moment.

snow2002.jpg

view3.jpg

The usual view from my window.
tongue.gif

postcard.jpg

I can see Elliot Bay and part of the Olympic volcanic chain if I stick my head out the window and look to the left.

block1.jpg

If I go outside, well, I see mostly this.
frown.gif

gp34.jpg

On the last Sunday of June every year, a very large parade takes over the eastern part of the city. If you are at all homophobic, you might want to just stay inside that day because they pop up everywhere before and after the parade. A second very large parade (the Seafair parade) occurs around the first part of August every year, to coincide with the running of the hydros on Lake Washington.

ship10.jpg

Seattle has recently added cruise ship ports to downtown. On any given summer day, anywhere from several to half a dozen of these huge ships can be found between Pier 70 and the Duwamish head.

Let me dig through the picture folders some more, and start another post.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Seattle has a nice ballpark, soon to be two.

ramp51.jpg

This was taken from the upper deck, looking back towards downtown.

sweep25.jpg

Always bring a camera when you go to a Mariners game. If it's looking like a sweep, bring a broom too. But be sure to cut the handle so the length of the whole broom does not exceed 3 feet, or you *may* be asked to throw it away.
Safeco Field offers some of the best views of the entire region, including "the mountain" when it's clear.

nopisser.jpg

Seattle is known as a "progressive city", but if you should visit a bar and see this in the men's room, you might want to think about going someplace else.

pike9.jpg

view6.jpg

A couple of shots from the Pike Place Market. I do not have a picture of the Starbucks, but I can take one if you really want it.

x2001-3.jpg

Every year, they have a very popular ceremony for the lighting of the Westlake Mall's Christmas tree and the Bon Marche star. I "lasered" last year's ceremony (twice) after both lightings failed, and the bright green spot ended up being seen on the evening news.
blush.gif

I don't have a lot in the way of pictures from areas outside the downtown retail core (west to the waterfront; east to 15th Ave; north to the Space Needle; south to Safeco Field), as I almost never venture out any farther due to limited range on my battery powered wheelchair and no car. The buses are wheelchair accessible, but they're a pain in the toilet muscle to use. So, somebody else will have to supply you with pictures of areas outside the immediate downtown Seattle area.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Craig I noticed you said that Seattle will have a second ballfield. What is the other team that will play there?

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
If you are at all homophobic...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there a word that means "afraid of homophobes" ?

mikep

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:

Is there a word that means "afriad of homophobes" ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you just tack on another -ophobe to the word?

I can direct you to some folks who are not afraid of homophobes: http://www.pinkpistols.org/photos/poster/armedgays.htm

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
Craig I noticed you said that Seattle will have a second ballfield. What is the other team that will play there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be the team of big burly guys that kick & throw around a football-shaped brown ball on a large rectangular field with stripes and numbers painted all over it and a pair of big "Y" shaped thingies at each end.
smile.gif

The Seahawks are getting a new stadium built, and it's popping up right next to Safeco Field. It's almost finished too, as far as I am aware.