With whom to "HOST" pictures?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last year, I had suggested to many members that WEBSHOTS was a good place to upload pictures. When EXCITE was sold at the beginning of this year, I began to have problems linking my photos to CPF.

Since them, I have tried others, CLUBPHOTO and PBASE. The problem with CLUBPHOTO is that images are only kept for 90 days unless you pay to upgrade membership, and there is talk that PBASE will become a "subscriber" = $$$ only service as well.

I recently been using IMAGAESTATION (SONY), and things seem to work well. Can anyone suggest any other "freebie" servers that link without difficulty to CPF
smile.gif
smile.gif

papasan

Enlightened
most ISPs will give you 10 or 20 megs of space on their servers...for instance, i have cox cable and they use road runner for their infestructure, so i have 20 megs of space at cox.rr.com...i've never had problems using this space for anything, like e-bay CPF, using it to serve larger files to friends, etc...of course, it's up to the ISP so they probably don't all offer this...

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
papasan,

my isp is earthlink, and I am allowed 20megs. however, my LINKSYS router won't communicate with the one particular server that EARTHLINK uses for personal webpages (they know of the problem and have been working on it for 2 months now). that's the reason I am looking for alternatives. btw, I can upload on a dialup, but takes forever, and ever, and longer... also, i think there are other CPF members that have the same need

papasan

Enlightened
i assume you have one of those lnksys firewall/routers?...if so it's probably a firewall issue...if you can turn off the firewall or set it to forward all packets to the ip of the machine your trying to u/l with it should work...and/or turn off any blocked ports...or just bypass it for a little while while you u/l...

if you need mroe specific help then e-mail me and we can work it out...