LED light with the most throw?

Danbo

Enlightened
Looking for the most throw I can get in an LED light, without spending the money for another Surefire(already have a C3 with the KL3 installed). What are some recommendations? Inova T5, maybe?

Danbo

Enlightened
whippoorwill said:
Look at the Inova X03 or the T3/T5. Huge throws for an LED.

Already have the XO3; looking for even more throw. T5 seems to be the Inova light to get for my needs, it seems. I am willing to check out other brands though.

Dadof6

Enlightened
The problem I've had with Inova throwers is that although they throw well, they simply don't have a lot of side spill to make it worth while.

The Surefire L6 is just a wonder thrower, I know its a lot of money, but it gets the job done.

LED Cool

Enlightened
don't forget streamlight 4AA Luxeon. it is a 1w luxeon but throws further than many 3w luxeon lights. run on 4pcs AA alkaline/NIMH. alomst flat regulation for 4hrs and has a true clicky! solid polymer construction.

and another throw king from streamlight is

Streamlight Survivor LED!!! i do not have a logic striker to compare but i think the survivor LED,with its 50mm reflector, will outthrow the striker. has a pocket clip for hands free, stands upright, hi (3hrs) low (6hrs) output, strobe, runs on 4pcs AA alkaline or Nimh.

Solid polymer construction as well. there is a review in the reveiw section and another thread about a minor problems with the battery tray/box which streamlight is aware of and has a solution to fix it.

khoo

GrooveRite

Enlightened
Danbo, you're gonna have to wait like the rest of us non-modders to get a throw monster made of the new Cree XR-E LED. These new LEDs are going to be AMAZING!!!

Mark2

Enlightened
I've done a shootout of 38 production LED lights recently. The Wiseled Tactical blows everything else out of the water, second in terms of throw is the MagLED 4D, third place goes to the Aleph-III.

The ultimate LED Battle

X Racer

Enlightened
And let me be the first to say **WOW** on that Wiseled tactical beam shot. That thing makes the SF L6 look like an old incan minimag...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Danbo said:
Looking for the most throw I can get in an LED light, without spending the money for another Surefire(already have a C3 with the KL3 installed). What are some recommendations? Inova T5, maybe?

My Streamlight TL-2 LED has excellent throw.... I know you don't want to hear this, but so does my Surefire L4.

If you don't need a good pocket-carry clip, consider an Inova T3. (Basically an X03 with a better grip and slightly easier to use tailcap switch).

Latest posts