• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Need an Aleph LE Built? **Now Includes XR-E LE** Pics 12/24

cryhavok

Enlightened
Hey all,
I've been building Aleph LE's for quite some time now and figure I can offer a service to others.

I will use a flat rate fee schedule.
For a LuxI LE, the price will be $85.00.
For a LuxIII LE, the price will be $90.00.
For a LuxV LE, the price will be $105.00

The price will include everything (wires, epoxy, first class shipping, assembly). The LE's are potted/epoxied with AA Alumina adhesive. I make a dedicated ground wire to the lip of the E-can, so no chance of any faulty connections. There is a lot of time put into the assembly of each LE (~2 hours) and I take pride in saying that all the LE's I've built for myself and other board members not only look good but also have never failed. Perhaps some of the other members I've built for can chime on this:grin2:

If you aren't sure which converter board/led you should choose, you can tell me what kind of tint/runtime/brightness you are looking for, and we can work out which LE that will fit your needs best.

Note: I will also build FluPIC LE's for 1xcr123/rcr123 lights. I recently made one with a UVOJ led and it is an absolute blast to use. I only suggest it mated with a LuxIII, though.

The way this will work is we will decide on what components to use, and if I don't have them on hand I will order them. When they arrive, I will build the LE and ship it to you. If there isn't a line, turn around time should be within 2 days.

I am limited to whatever is available from the shoppe/photon fanatic in regards to converter boards/LED's.

Oh, forgot to mention, if you have parts on hand, you can ship them to to me and I will use them in the build. You can deduct the price of the part from the total price of the build.

Thanks for looking and I hope to build you a LE in the near future!

~~~~NEW~~~~

I've had some time to experiment and build Cree XR-E LE's for the Aleph Series of lights and feel confortable enough with the build to start to offer the service to others. Ideal candidates seem to be either the Aleph A2 or Aleph A3. McR-27 found in an A1 is too shallow of a reflector and produces a perfect beam with LuxIII, so I don't think it is a good host for this mod.

The XR-E's I have on hand are either P3 WG for those who like the cooler tints and P4 WH for those who like the warmer tints. I myself am very picky about tints, but find both of these are more than acceptable and white. All are bare emitters, so no worry of thermal degrade while trying to get them off the MCPCB's.

The cost of a XR-E LE will be $105. As with the other LuxIII builds, the price includes everything including return shipping. Global Priority mail is available for $5 more.

My XR-E LE's are made using the highest quality parts available, including silver coated 24ga Teflon coated wire and Arctic Alumina 2 part epoxy. The LED sits on a copper pedestal that is kept under constant pressure while setting to have the greatest metal surface area for better thermal relief. This also allows for the LED to sit at approximately the same height as the lip of the E-screw, so the minimal amount of reflector needs to be removed. All are made with a dedicated internal ground wire so no chance of faulty LE's.

I will also offer the service for an additional $15 for you to send me your A3/A2 head and I'll return it completely modded with an XR-E LE and focused reflector. Also, if you want, I can include a modded reflector with your return shipment of the LE, but the cost will be $15 + cost of reflector from SS.

I am available to use any converter you like, including Goldserve's FluPIC. I am only able to get my reflectors and converters from the Shoppe, so they are limited to their availability.

Update 12/24 See page 2 for some pics of the process!

Update 12/29 I am going to suspend this build thread for a few weeks. I will continue offering the Aleph Build service at the end of January.

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need an Aleph LE Built?

I will get one soon whenever I figure out exactly what I want. :)

cryhavok

Enlightened

Glad to hear there is some interest. If you order multiples, I may be able to do a slight discount.:grin2:

I will go with postings on this thread for priority. So if you are interested, please post in this thread and then shoot me a PM.

Thanks everyone,
Shawn

cqbdude

Enlightened

I would like to let everyone that are interested , that Shawn work is top notch.
He has built several LE's for me and they work great, and his service is also great..:rock:

I just ordered another one from him right after I received my LE Saturday..

Dogliness

Enlightened

I would like to echo what cqbdude said. cryhavok's work is top notch, his turn around time is fast, his communication is excellent, and he is a pleasure to deal with.

cryhavok

Enlightened

Thanks for the support guys...you two are far too kind :eek:

I apologize for anyone who tried to PM me in the last few hours...my box has been cleaned:)

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened

I have an A3 with a LuxV WXOT with a DB667 (marked on the LE) on a 2x123 powerpack with a McE2S w/- 60 ohm resister.

I like it but would consider a LuxIII LE for some throw when flood is not required (ultimate flashlight lego). How would a UXOK go in this? I think PhotonFanatic has some available.

What converter would you recommend, a DB917?

Is the McE2S switch OK? I really am not worried about the switch as I have another tailcap with a McClicky that is easy to swap out.

I may also want to think about using 1x17670 instead of the 2xCR123, would this be OK with the above?

I also have some of AW's LiFePO4 R123 cells but as they are not protected I wouldn't run these in this light even though the voltage is roughly the same as a standard CR123.

I am in Australia, but I am prepared to pay for the additional postage.

Is this the type of information you were looking for to plan a LE?

cryhavok

Enlightened

OldGreyGuy,

Yes you have provided more than enough info:rock: I'm going to try to answer your questions in order:

For a LED, I have been getting some very very nice UXOJ's in. The tint is extremely good and brightness is excellent. This is what I would suggest for a LED (Same tint as UXOK, better V).

For a converter, I recommend the DB1000 for the brightest you can get. DB917 is basically the same thing just at 917ma instead of 1000ma.

Your McE2S switch will work just fine with the LuxIII.

This LE will work great with a 1x17670 or with 2xcr123's.

We can work out international shipping if you want to go ahead with the order.

I have no doubt you will be supirsed with the throw of a LuxIII at 1000ma compared to the LuxV at 667. I made 2 LE's a bit ago using a LuxV and a LuxIII both running at 1000ma, and here are the lux readings @ 1 meter:

For the LuxIII,
Aleph 3 - 7680!

For the LuxV,
Aleph 3 - 4200

PM me if you want to go ahead with the order.

Thanks,
Shawn

cryhavok

Enlightened

OldGreyGuy,

Your LE is complete and is heading down under via global priority :grin2:.

Everyone else, I'm just waiting for the converters to ship from the shoppe:popcorn:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Just when I bought a soldering station and all the parts needed to assemble my own LE's!!!

I suppose this will be fun? :ohgeez: :rock: :shrug: :wave:

Well, if I fail miserably, you might see my soldering station on BST, in which case I'm coming to you with a request for your services! Thanks!

john

cryhavok

Enlightened

jch,

Good luck with your build...my advice is be sure to keep patient at all steps! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

dmdrewitt, dirkp, Flashlgiht - just got an e-mail saying the converters have been shipped:rock::rock:

I hope to have everyone's LE built and shipped by the end of next week. Stay tuned for updates:popcorn:

Last edited:

dirkp

Enlightened

take time you need to make a good job.

making hurry, hurry bringing often big poop :lolsign:

thx for your help:goodjob:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would you be able to make some CREE XR-E light engines?
I could use 2 of these..... one @ 1000mA and the other @ 500mA.

WP

cryhavok

Enlightened

I have some Cree XR-E's on the way currently, so I will be able to test whether I will be able to make them at the end of this week. Stay tuned as I'll update this thread if I make any progress.

Now back to building these LE's:cool:

Latest posts