Light Up The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Folks,
I would truly appreciate some help in designing a sort of "universal reference circuit" for our LUTW initiative. We have designs in hand but are not convinced that they are the best that can be achieve with the technology available today.
The LUTW Foundation has, since 1997, been instrumental in taking solid state (White LED) home lighting to the developing world.
Our lamps consist of a single Luxeon and a home might have from one to three lamps. The batteries used will vary from a set of three rechargeable "D" cells, to 6 Volt and 12 Volt Sealed Lead Acid. As we operate in very remote areas of the world where electrical energy is a scarce commodity it is absolutely essential that we squeeze every last Joule out of the batteries (when necessary). In other words the constant current DC-DC converter circuit MUST use the battery energy very efficiently whilst being as simple and economic to manufacture in the developing country as possible. The one to three Luxeon lamps will operate from a single battery so the on/off switching circuit might influence the overall efficiency.
If you are interested in assisting us then please have a look at our web site to learn a wee bit more about LUTW.

www.lightuptheworld.org

Take care and thank you in advance for your help.
Namaste,
Dave.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
That must be Dave Irvine-Halliday, Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Calgary.

Prof., I have read of your project, LUTW, and if you want any help or advice regarding LED's and their associated circuits and applications, you're probably in the right place.

I hastily add that I myself can't be much help in that. But I know a few very well qualified members who can.

lightlover
smile.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm,
maybe the smart people don't come to the Café forum so much ......
frown.gif

People, this is CPF's chance to help alter the course of history, so to speak.

And you also get to be able to say
"Well, as I advised an Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering recently ...... ".
Sounds like a great thing to just drop into conversation !!

Prof, I'll move this over to the LED, Electrolumenescent and Lasers Forum.
(That's where all the Electric People hang out.)
Moved to http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001945

lightlover
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.