Could someone post a pic to compare size of Civictor V1 and Fenix L1s?

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a "cheaper" 1AA light and it comes down to theese two. I know that the size difference isnt that big, but it would be neat to see a picture with both these light. So could someone be kind enough to post one or just point me in the right direction?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one. An L1S is the same as the two L1's on the left.

FenixSz.jpg

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference in size between the V1 and L1P (which is like the L1S) feels even greater to the hand than it looks to the eye, at least it does for me...

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought the L1S instead of the L1P. I have the L2P with L1P body already. The L1S is an interesting light though its only has durable type II hard anodize finish and so is the Civictor. I don't really care as it is relatively cheap and I can abuse it. I like the curve of the L1S + it is two stages. It is more fun to use than the L1P for sure. Civictor also a nice looking light. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these. It is your preference. Civictor is a twisty and L1S is a clicky and you twist to select the two stages. Of all the torches I have including the LOPSe and Arc AAA-P, I use my L1S the most.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the responses, and Lite_me thanks for the pic!
I dont know what it is, it probably would be more useful to buy a twostager and I prefer clickies but it's something about the civictor that just makes me want to have it. :)

But you guys who have it, would you say it's too strong to use as a reading light?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lobo said:
But you guys who have it, would you say it's too strong to use as a reading light?

Nah, it'll do. Funny thing is, you can use this as a reading light but at the same time throw the beam a good distance outside.

Grab one up, you'll like it.

flame2000

Enlightened
Lobo said:
I need a "cheaper" 1AA light and it comes down to theese two. I know that the size difference isnt that big, but it would be neat to see a picture with both these light. So could someone be kind enough to post one or just point me in the right direction?

Here's a actual pic (post #14) of the Civictor V1 beside L1S (but at an angle):

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/133315

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lobo said:
Thanks for the responses, and Lite_me thanks for the pic!
I dont know what it is, it probably would be more useful to buy a twostager and I prefer clickies but it's something about the civictor that just makes me want to have it. :)

Ummm.. I wouldn't say it's too strong, but I would say it's more than is needed. If it was held or rested a little further away would help. I think that the creamy tint that mine has (and most have) is easier on the eyes for reading.
I love my Civictor V1. The only thing that could make it better would be if it had 3-stage output like the L0P-SE. Yeah Baby! :twothumbs