Darell going to Hawaii?

Brock

Flashaholic
Hey your going to Hawaii? Is this the reason your going to be gone? Can you get me a Hardrock T shirt, plain black or white in XL?
wink.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, thanks CC, that's what I thought it might be.

Brock, you want one from London's Hard Rock Cafe ? That was the very first one, y'know.
I used to go there a lot, starting in '73 !!

Jahn
wink.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
Hummmm, I always say it bugs me when I see someone with a T-shirt from a Hard Rock location they have never actually been to. But that is very tempting, maybe to tempting. I have been to the one in Honolulu a bunch of times, I have just worn my shirt out (third one actually). I keep telling my wife that means it is time to go back, but so far no luck.

Hey I bet I could get people to send me them from all over the place, but again that would be cheating
frown.gif
But very tempting.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a couple of 'em here in Japan - one in Tokyo and one in Osaka..

Bought myself a Tokyo one a while back but ended up giving it away..

Graham

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
Hey your going to Hawaii? Is this the reason your going to be gone? Can you get me a Hardrock T shirt, plain black or white in XL?
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to get you one, Brock. But I'm headed to Kauai - no Hard Rock there
frown.gif
If I happen to be stopped over in Oahu longer than I expect, I'll go get you one. Or heck maybe they have them at the airport. I'll check for sure. B or W in XL. Got it.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't there some CPF members who live in Hawaii? Maybe they can help you, Brock, if Darell can't.

Brock

Flashaholic
I think someone is from Kona, but I don't know about Honolulu. When my sister lived there she worked at Queens. So we stayed with them, but then she had to go and move back here, oh well...

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Brock instead of just getting you a lousy shirt Darrell should have taken you along.
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Shoot! That would have been a good idea. But too late... I'm here already.
smile.gif

Windy as heck, but still warm. I was kinda surprised that I couldn't light up the breakers with my laser a mile out. Up close they're cool, but now from very far. The air is so thick with moisture here that you see the beam REALLY well, but there isn't much penetration.

Regards from Kauai.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's our Darell. Barely been in Hawaii 5 minutes, and what's he doing? Posting to CPF
rolleyes.gif

Hope you're having fun. And stop trying to impress those cute Hawaiian girls with your lights (as in, is that an M6 in your pocket, or are you just having a good time..
grin.gif
grin.gif
)

Graham

Brock

Flashaholic
Hey where are you there exactly. You probably already know but Kauai has that big canyon over on the south west side that is larger then the grand canyon. If you go there be careful (I don't think our insurance policy is in effect yet), but take lots of picutres. I can smell the warm salt air just sitting here
wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Last time we were here, we stayed in Poipu, but this time we're on the East shore (Kapa'a) in a house. We did the canyon last time, and will probably skip it this time, in favor of doing more North Island stuff. Tomorrow is Ke'e beach and at least some snorkling. This is my first visit to Hawaii with a child, and my goodness is it different! sigh.

Anyhow, I had to use my Arc LE tonight to check the BBQ Mahi Mahi we cooked up. Had to put the BBQ around the side of the house with no lights (to protect the BBQ from the wind). I'm sure you can picture the light in the mouth, spatula in one hand, platter in the other. I body-surfed with it on this morning, but after being wacked in the head with it too many time, I left it on my towel for the rest of the day. Didn't look like we were in for any darkness on the beach
smile.gif

Man, hope you guys are doing OK without me splattering my posts all over the boards.
smile.gif
Nothing personal, you understand. It's just that I'm in HAWAII! I miss you, and I'll be back with a vengeance next week. You'll be happy to know that I don't have my FTP client here, so I'm not posting pictures...

I'll check back after a bit.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Anyhow, I had to use my Arc LE tonight to check the BBQ Mahi Mahi we cooked up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Darell,
I would have figured you'ld be useing your CPF SE. Did you leave it at home?? TX
PS: If you weave your chest hair around your ARC, it won't beat you up.
rolleyes.gif
TX

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Darell,
I would have figured you'ld be useing your CPF SE. Did you leave it at home?? TX
PS: If you weave your chest hair around your ARC, it won't beat you up.
rolleyes.gif
TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm told by my trusty neighbors that my package arrived the same day I left
frown.gif
The only good news is that my green laser arrived the day before! I apparently have a big package from TTS (Arc EV, more LEs, UK 2L, beamshapers....oh, just all kinds of stuff) and the new SE. The phrase "can't wait to get home" doesn't easily come to my lips right now, but it will be fun to open them up once I'm forced to be home again.

Good idea about the chest hair, TX. I just waxed my whole body though. Easier to apply the sunscreen now.

Big day in the water today. Sure wish I had the 2L with me. Way too many dark spots into which I wasn't too thrilled about sticking my hand. Came *that* close to getting nailed by an urchin that snuck up on me today too. Scary how an animal that doesnt' move more than a few feet a month can "sneak up on you."

Well, Brock. I've looked everywhere on this island that a HardRock shirt could hide - and I don't see one. My last chance will be on the layover in HNL. I'll see what I can do.

Darell from Kauai, out.

Darell

Flashaholic
Well, there is a "severe thunderstorm warning" in effect across the entire island this evening, so we aren't sitting in the sun right now. Didn't stop me from snorkeling this afternoon though
smile.gif

I swear it is raining about 1" per minute right now. The sound of rain in the palms is almost deafening. Better be sunny tomorrow though - big plans!

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Oh oh there goes the BB Darell's back. j/k The CPF should be a little livelier with your return. Darell you have a cute kid.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
Oh oh there goes the BB Darell's back. j/k The CPF should be a little livelier with your return. Darell you have a cute kid.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks 5x5. Most people take the easy way out and say "gosh, she looks just like her mother!" which, fortunately, is quite true. The curly hair is from me though. You'd never know it since I keep mine about 1/2" these days, but once upon a time I had curly locks to my shoulders.