Gladius with FM34 vs L4 or KL4

ktembuser1

Newly Enlightened
I have seen some threads on the forum noting folks using the gladius with an FM34 beamshaper attached.

Just curious how the Gladius with the FM34 beamshaper mounted compares to the L4 or KL4 head. Is the throw on the gladius with the fm34 better than that of the L4/KL4? How is the brightness, i.e., is the L4/KL4 brighter?

Finally, I also saw someone noting that the FM24 (not the 34) also works on the gladius. Can anyone recount their experiences with the FM24 on a gladius? Anything special needed to mount to it?

I sold my gladius and had sellers remorse so bought another one; now interested in getting something that can do flood and throw in one package.

Thanks.

Glas4d

Newly Enlightened
I really want to know the answer to this also. If the FM34 will make the gladius anything like the l4 im :sold:. Please someone reply!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FM34 on the Gladius puts out a nice white, diffuse wall of light. It does not throw very far, nothing near my L5 if that helps. The beam is almost a soft white wall of light that extended out maybe 50 - 75' or so. No throw at all. However, it completely changes the "personality" of the Gladius and provides either throw or diffuse spill.

Also keep in mind that the Lux Vs from Surefire put out around 100 lumens, and the Gladius is around 60-70, so no, it isn't as "bright."

I don't think the FM24 will fit... the FM34 does.

Hope this helps!

Glas4d

Newly Enlightened
Thanks im in the process right now of finding the cheapeast place to buy from. any ideas?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search on "Chronos" "Gladius" "FM34" I participated in a few threads that had links to dealers who sell the FM34. I'd try opticshq.com, lighthound.com, tacticalsupply.com first.

ktembuser1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, everyone. This is helpful. FWIW, I ordered one a few days ago from Steven at tacticalsupply.com and it shipped - should arrive today if all goes well!