UK Source of 20mm Reflectors

richo

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

first-time poster, long time lurker! Just started on my first project of a 3x Lux3, Fatman regul;ated bike light. I've come across one problem regarding sourcing parts.

I'm having difficulty finding a supplier in the UK (or one with cheap postage to the UK) for 2x 20mm IMS Reflectors. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i could look?

great forum, i'm learning a lot!!

cheers,

Rich

Timson

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF Rico,

I don't know of anywhere in the UK where you can get IMS 20 reflectors.

Instead got them from trusted CPF member Photonfanatic .

For the price you may as well get 5 even if you don't need that many.
You can mix and match between 17, 20 and 27mm reflectors to make up your 5 if you wish.

The postage he charges to ship to UK is a mere $2 (£1.10)....Cant say fairer than that. :)

Set up a Pay-Pal account, send money to e-mail address in the link posted above (put order details and you CPF name in the Notes section of the Pay-Pal screen when you send funds), update the thread with what you've ordered...Job done.

He has a pretty quick turnaround and you can expect your reflectors in around 5 days. :)

Any Q's.......Happy to help

Tim.

richo

Newly Enlightened
That's great. Thanks very much for the advice. I'll get them ordered.

I found a couple of places but the postage was prohibitively high, or a minimum order of $50. I suppose i could order in bulk and set myself up as the UK IMS Distributor kingpin/LED baron :)

thanks again,

Rich

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also get these from the Sandwich Shoppe.

I've ordered stuff from the Sandwich shoppe and Photofanatic to the UK before and never had any problems. Sometimes it even arrives faster than ordering from UK companies.
Piece of advice: If you're running 3x lux III, make sure you properly heatsink the fatman driver.

richo

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

yep thanks for the advice there. I'm using thermal adhesive to bond it to the casing... hopefully she'll be right!
cheers,

Richo