A twist on the 2 stage Fenix Switch

Darksky

Newly Enlightened
I had some free time and while waiting for the imminent arrival of my Cr123a tube I decided to mod the L2P switch into a 2 stage one. As usual never one to take the 'EZ 15min' way I wanted the 2 stage to be a twisty one.
Sorry for the pics but I'm not big into cameras.

After testing I settled on 50ohm for the low (Oh forgot to mention the stock L2P driver was replaced as it went
poof.gif
with a 3watt driver out of a cheapo light)
I used 2 100ohm resistors in parallel (excuse the state of them they came from my scavanged pile of bits
rolleye11.gif
).
I had to cut away the sides of the switch in order to get them to sit flush. One end of the resistors was soldered into the holes on the -ve side of the pcb and teflon wire was soldered on the other ends to join them.

Next up was to find a small spring and then drill a hole through the retaining ring. The hole was then lined with teflon tape to stop the spring shorting out.

The circuit board was then cut away to allow the top of the spring to make contact with the leg of the resistor which was bent underneath.

I wrapped some tape around the switch to be on the safe side and gingerly screwed it back into the tailcap. There was just enough wiggle room so as not to distort the small spring.
Thats it. I now have a 2 stage twist for high/low while retaining the on/off switch and it also will lock out as well.

Eryk