Happy Halloween!!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Happy Halloween!!!
Halloween (10-31 in the United Stated) is today, so I just wanted to take a moment to wish all CPFers a safe and happy Halloween.
O, and be certain there are good batteries in whatever flashlight(s) you use. :thumbsup:

Chris201W

Enlightened
I've already used my A2 to light up the little punk way down the street (!) shining a laser pointer at me! :grin2:

...of course I returned fire with my own laser pointer in addition to the A2 incan beam

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got home from work at 6pm, so I missed the first 2 hours of trick or treating in my neighborhood. I'm not sure how many kids came by before I got home, but form 6pm till now (about 8pm) I've only had 6 kids come by. Oh well, I guess I'll have to eat all those Snickers, Milky Ways, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey Bars, and Clark bars all by myself. Oh Darn!!!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 boys came home with two huge bags of candy...WooHoo! I told them I have to check the candy to make sure it's ok. :naughty:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have fun now that I have kids :D that means that even though I'm grown up I get to go out again!

We live not far from the inlaws who own a golf cart that we borrowed to go around. But the golf cart is old and has no headlights!

So I taped 2 5W Luxeon 2CR123 lights to the sides and carefully aimed for headlights :D then for backup and for finding paths in the dark I used my electrolumens "little friend" which is so bright it's scary :D

I also had my Q3 with rechargeable CR123, with me for when we left the cart and were wandering into peoples yards and my ArcAAA got some use just for pathfinding when I didn't want anything too bright also.

We decorated ourselves and the cart with lots of glow sticks in various colors and other flashy blinkey things.

What a blast!

hburner

Enlightened
I just had a little fun with the brother and sister inlaw and my niece! I have to admit this is my second favorite Holiday next to Christmas!!!!! Happy Halloween all until Next Year, hburner!

jds009

Enlightened
Hey big ed. ill help you eat all that candy! :naughty:

I love halloween to! all that junk food!! plus it gives me a reson to take make cut & set fire to pumpkins!!

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
im sitting ready for those little punks to come guess there going to get a little surefire treament i specialy put my hola bulb in my new m3t just for them:awman:

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife asked, "don't you have a flashlight we can use for a strobe effect?".

Gladius to the rescue!
:D

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly just passed out candy to kids of all ages. My front door is actually on the "side" of my house and there's a gate in front so I usually get a good early warning when I hear the hinges squeak and just be right there before they even ring the bell :grin2:

Unfortunately, I didn't catch the person who took a skateboard to my mailbox (knocked it off the pole; there is a small dent in it) but I saw him earlier that night and somewhat know where he lives. I went and gave him one of my tricks but no treats for him. Took my 2d MagLED out to inspect the damage and remove a few screws that sheared off at the head, there were still a few people waking by and one guy didn't expect a familiar looking light to produce that type of beam.

Still have some Kit-Kats left that I may enjoy myself or hand to some of my friends in class.

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My sister and I were at our parent's house and we stayed on the front porch most of the time. She handed out candy and I use the Spooky Sounds Flashlight every time a group of children came to the door with their pumpkin-shaped buckets or pillowcases out. One child, ~4 years old, and dressed in a full Spiderman costume, came up and played with it for several minutes, pushing all of the buttons multiple times to hear the sounds. His mother finally had to ask the child to leave; as he was quite literally entranced with it.

That was my Halloween 2006. No "pumpkin killing", "ding dong ditch", or misuse of TP for me. :)

Last edited:

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
I was going to hand out Girl Scout cookies until I found out there's no Girl Scouts in them, what a rook.

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.