Everybody: a chance to Help Out - CPF funding opportunity

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case you've missed out on this from other Topics, it is now possible to contribute towards the smooth running of CPF.

Most people will have noticed the recent temporary change in format, now happily restored to former glories. This was due to "Bandwith" problems. I guess that CPF has now grown so large that the demands made re: financing are considerably more than they were a year ago.

CandlePowerForums, this SuperDB of all DB's, is made possible by one man, The Founder and Great Leader, our Administrator member # 2, DavidW.

Until now, it was not possible to participate in this meaningful fashion.
DavidW took all the costs upon himself. And all we could do was enjoy the fruits of his labours, without being able to give back anything.
But - the opportunity has now arisen.

In Topic: Thanks Boss! Some discussion has taken place on various questions and means of payment, @
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=26&t=000045

I quote from our Great Leaders posts there -
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> "I finally set up a paypal account a few days ago ([email protected])."

Other forms of payment can be sent to:

David Williams
P.O. Box 1069
Lakeland, FL 33802
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, there we are. Let's see what we all can do ......

lightlover,
member # 260, CPF

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This really does make it easy. I emptied my PayPal account into DavidW's this morning, all with a few simple clicks of a mouse. No fussing with $6 money orders, or fumbling with stamps and envelopes. Click click click and it's done. It doesn't get much easier than that.
grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine keeps going click...click....beeeeep....THUMMMP....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep....

cos for some reason Paypal keeps crashing my system and I`ve given up trying for now. One of these days I`ll thump it too hard and it`ll never work again
rolleyes.gif

But I have a nice new computer on the way (well, new-old as it`s a refurbished celeron 333 system) soon hopefully, so I`ll sort something out then. Promise

wink.gif
grin.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you alchemist and Silviron.

Please. No more donations. We're set for a few months. I have something else in the works. I'm just checking out local laws before I proceed.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
. I have something else in the works. I'm just checking out local laws before I proceed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, David- Just to save you time--- Yes, Bank Robbery IS illegal in your locality.

smile.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, I can see it now!

GET YOUR CPF PREFERRED PLATINUM MASTERCARD!
And a tenth of a percent of every purchase goes to fund CPF activities.

Having gone to so many da#^ colleges and universities, I get about 5 offers like this every month, with the proceeds going to fund the various Alumni Associations.

I'd rather get the CPF card and fund something worthwile instead of them!

I'm not sure where the chad and Liars---- oops, excuse me --- Lawyers come in to this though.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silviron:
Ahh, I can see it now!

GET YOUR CPF PREFERRED PLATINUM MASTERCARD!
And a tenth of a percent of every purchase goes to fund CPF activities.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be cool alright, but I'd probably still have to donate "the old fashioned way".
Even Providian (you know, "We Approve Everyone!") stopped sending me offers. Now that's bad!
x.gif

Let's see... this new card would look like a miniature Florida ballet with your name stamped over the pregnant chads. The hanging chads might get stuck in ATM slots though, so you'll have to work on that.
grin.gif

Or, each "potential" chad has a different flashlight printed on it.