Cree X-re behind optic?

kumar762

Banned
Is it possible to run a cree through an optic,since they seem to be pretty picky when it come to their reflectors.Like an optic such as a kroma?If so I'd be very interested.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure hope manufactures don`t try to stuff optics down our throats. They generally don`t give much in the line of spill and are worthless for general use...except for the few times spot lighting is desirable.

Ken

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the innova series rippled optic might work good for the CREE, have you seen Newbies pics of 50mm optics behind a CREE?

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=139069

hidxre2.jpg

iced_theater

Enlightened
Outdoors Fanatic said:
Can I replace the luxIII in my Inova T3 with the new Cree X-RE?

Good luck, I couldn't get my T3 apart with force alone. I know someone did by freezing water inside the battery tube, but it also cracked the TIROS reflector.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
iced_theater said:
Good luck, I couldn't get my T3 apart with force alone. I know someone did by freezing water inside the battery tube, but it also cracked the TIROS reflector.
A lot of people did the freeze pop-out method with sucess, only one user had his TIROS cracked but it didn't affect the beam at all.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
TIR optics are very, very picky about emitter location and emission angles. It's unlikely a T3 TIROS would work with an XR-E, even if you could get the T3 open and put it back together again.