New Streamlight Twin-Task

metalhed

Enlightened
Streamlight released this today, and I thought it might be of some interest.

Streamlight Introduces TwinTask 3AAA Laser Combo

Looks like they added a laser-pointer to their Twin-Task, so now it has LED/Xenon/Laser capabilities. And I believe this is the first 'stubby' 3AAA they have offered, but I could be wrong about this.

Regardless, at least you'll be able to lose that little keychain pointer from your keyring...more room for an Arc, a Peak, a FireFly..... :D

metalhed

Enlightened
tebore said:
I don't get it. The old light had the Xenon and LED for "Twin"-tasks. With the Laser pointer then shouldn't it be a "Tri"-Task?

:lolsign:

I wish I'd thought of that. You should work for Streamlight.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
omg!...i bet there must be a protected li-ion cell that can fit in there....

or maybe, a carrier that runs 3xaaa in parallel?

maxilux

Enlightened
I don´t like this "made in China" Streamlights, same design as 1000 other (Nuwai) Flashlights.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Biggest laser-pointer ever.

I think I'd rather carry a seperate laser-pointer in my pocket.:grin2:

atm

Enlightened
Nice find. Overall I like the TT models (have a TT 3C UV) but the one thing that bugs me about them, and prevents me from getting more, is the way the switching works. I find it frustrating having to cycle through all the different modes to get to the one you want/turn it off (even if it is only 2 or 3 modes).

Andrew

crazyjeremy

Newly Enlightened
For my wants and needs, cycling through three options is no hassle. I don't even mind it being "the biggest laser-pointer ever" since it has two other flashlights built into it as well.

I just want to know if they can be modified to produce more light.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
crazyjeremy said:
For my wants and needs, cycling through three options is no hassle. I don't even mind it being "the biggest laser-pointer ever" since it has two other flashlights built into it as well.

I just want to know if they can be modified to produce more light.

If it came with a pocket-carry clip, it might be a good competitor for the Surefire A2.... Ooops, did I just open up a hornets nest?:duck:

davidra

Enlightened
No, not a hornet's nest, but you probably don't own one. I have a 2L TT and several A2's, and anyone that thinks there is much similarity has never used them. The TT may be fine for a car trunk, but the beam is horribly misshapen and dim compared to the regulated A2, and the LED's are angry blue and way brighter than even the white A2 LED's. And as was mentioned, it feels cheap. Not even close....but you get what you pay for.

jdat

Newly Enlightened
sorry for bringing this old thread back up but I am having a little bit of a hard time searching for threads here.

Has anyone been able to try TWIN-TASK® 3AAA LASER?

I don't have much knowledge in the flashlight department so I have a difficult time knowing whether it's a safe and sound choice.

What interests me the most about picking this item is having the laser with the led and xenon.
If anyone can recommend anything that has a similar set of features in the same price range ( 60 bucks at most ... more if really necessary ) I am all ears.