cy

Flashaholic
Fastest Waves Ever Photographed @ 99.997% of speed of light

FastestWaves.8.jpg

http://physicsbuzz.blogspot.com/2006/10/fastest-waves-ever-photographed.html

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow that is really something.
Still Not As Fast as Our Lightbeams in our flashlights :) .
I wonder how much that camera costs?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ROFLMAO.

all my camera can take picture at 100% speed of light and so can you :p

the title is way way wayyyyy misleading.

cy

Flashaholic
"Pictures of the fastest moving waves ever photographed were presented this morning at APS Division of Plasma Physics meeting in Philadelphia. These shots are more than your typical pretty pictures – they represent a major advance in wakefield accelerator technology, a technology that could make tabletop high-energy particle accelerators a reality.

The matter waves, which are oscillations moving through a plasma, are known as wakefields because they are created in the wake of an ultra-intense laser pulse. The waves travel at 99.997% of the speed of light and generate electric fields exceeding 100 billion electron volts/meter.

The ability to create huge electric fields makes wakefields a promising method for shrinking the size of accelerators from miles long (like those at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, FermiLab and CERN) to tabletop. Small accelerators would allow universities and hospitals to take advantage of the research and medical applications afforded by an accelerator without competing for time at a major particle accelerator facility."

chesterqw said:
ROFLMAO.

all my camera can take picture at 100% speed of light and so can you :p

the title is way way wayyyyy misleading.