What lights did you take out for Halloween?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
We did 2 loops around the neighborhood ,first I grabbed my new/old vintage Rop,it worked great (there are some long dark , no lights/houses in certain areas of the neightborhood.) The rop had no issuses with heat, it was used intermittently 10 min strech at a time. The new rayovac 2100 hybrid batteries have been working very well .( got em at walmart,they fit nicely in FM 6aa to D). When we were walking up drive ways I used JetI mkII(14500) it was a good combo, after 1 +hr the protection kicked in and I put in a E2 in the Jet.

On the 2nd loop I grabbed Electrolumen 3d Blaster,what a great light the ability to focus it came in handy! Runtime is great !No worries there.I also grabbed my lion cub with a 17500 battery for extended runtimes! It to was a good combo!

When we got to the really long dark streches ,the wife was asking to to on that bright flashlight! Maybe she is learning:) . She carried my sons vintage Rayovac Woodsman! Man can that throw. Ran it for 1.5 hours no problem!D cells:rock:

BTW The kids got lots of candy! I had a good chance to "test" out some lights!

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my M4 with 2 A19's and 3x 600s's

and my trusty U2 with a 18650...

I just want to add neither helped me when I stepped in a hole in some guy's cement and rolled my ankle..

ALthough i did hit one of my little "Clowns" by accident with it LOL

Schnotts

Newly Enlightened
If I had to, I had my trusty Gladius ready by the door to strobe some unruly youth and my 1050 lumen Borealis ready to blast the grin off some young chap if I had to.:)

Gatsby

Enlightened
HDS B42XRGT for most use. Streamlight Strion for spot throw duty.

The surprise of the night was my next door neighbor arrived for our joint adventures with an Inova X5. He uses it at work and bought it at a high end mall in an emergency - he couldn't believe he'd spend $30 on a flashlight and ouch those $10 battery sets. So I told him about Batterystation and amondotech, etc... and showed him the HDS (didn't mention how much it cost) and the Strion - may have converted someone :D

That is also the first time I'd seen an X5 and it is a good deal brighter than I'd expected, and the beam was a very very useful flood that worked extremely well for walking around the neighborhood. Smaller than I'd expected and build, expectedly, like a tank.

I'm starting to think it might become my battery eater for 123's which can't reach full power in the HDS.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't do the rounds since I don't have kids. I did have fun playing flashlight tag with some of the parents. One father had a pretty good xenon beam he hit me with. I responded with my KL3. That is what was sitting next to the candy bowl. A few kids had X5 clones in hand when answering the door. It is surprising how many groups didn't have a flashlight!

prof

Enlightened
I took a Gerber LX 3--good general purpose light (despite the lack of regulation) and eats AA batteries. Does a great job. However, I needed a second bright light (had an arc on keyring like always) when my wife suggested I go get the car so we could take the kids to a work Halloween party. I had not picked up a second bright light (shame shame) so we just stayed together. I'm not about to let my little ones or my wife walk around in the dark without a light--unlike lots of others in our area.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a cheap plastic pumpkin light,that broke and batteries spilled out,I did a quick repair for them. A lantern 6v was spotted and one plain old mag.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
U2 with 18650 cell. Got a couple of "wow that's a bright flashlight" from the other Trickortreaters.

Also had a ton of chemical glow sticks - I bought some earlier this year off Fleabay. They proved to be more popular than the candy for the trick or treaters. I think I paid something like $20 for 200 (shipping included) I've been giving them to all the nieces, nephews, friends of our daughters, etc.

Also set up my two HDS lights as strobes for the foyer where my wife was giving out candy. They're basics, not Ultimates, so I wasn't going to change them until I shut them down.

Last edited:

Ready

Newly Enlightened
I took my Fenix L1P and a Surefire E2 with me but only used the Fenix once. I gave my 5 year old daughter one of the new Lowes 3 AA $2.50 lights and she loved it. I was actually surprised by how well it worked and the amount of light it produced. Great throw too.

Ready

blademan

Enlightened
I took a very well made 2aa dive light with a PR based smj led in it and a LOP SE for close up work. The pr smjled is still incredible for output and battery life.

Walt175

Enlightened
I had my HDS, Flupic L1P, and my SL-20X for both lighting duty, and billy club if necessary.

I may have even started the spark of flashaholism in some kids. When I got back to my own house, I used the Flupic to light my porch with the strobe feature. I had quite a few kids comment that that was a "hot" flashlight. Paris Hilton lives!

Last edited:

mooman

Newly Enlightened
Dropped a mini-mag with nitize leds in my kids plastic pumpkin candy baskets. They lit up with a nice bright orange glow. Blaster 3p for myself with a Fenix L2T backup; plus a Pila GL4 I just got to test out on rechargables.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stock KL-1 gen 4 on Aleph 1x123 and McClicky...when the batteries started to die, the Fenix L1P from the car. Wanted to have the HDS U60 with AW's beamshaper lens but that stayed home. :(

Lightedge

Newly Enlightened
I thought about bringing my Mag85 but kids like to be in the DARK on Halloween! Mag85 would be pretty annoying to most people on Halloween.

I used my HD45/XX1T and my wife used my SF C2HA+A19HA+modded Gen1 KL3 (1.3A LuxIII with Peli reflector)+McC2S 2 stage tailcap. Both are awesome looking and performing lights that got a lot of attention.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
We took the NexTorch HID as our primary light, and my son (6) took the Kroma. He had a blast, and the HID did a GREAT job of illuminating our way (our neighborhood is rather dark at night).

One of my son's friends blasted us with some plastic incan floodlight he and his family were carrying. We momentarily blasted them with the HID and they laughed and yelled out in pain. :)

greenLED

Flashaholic
I posted elsewhere, but might as well:

greenLED said:
My son had his L1P on the whole time we were out (almost 2 hours). I could see the light dimming towards the end, but he didn't seem to mind. I used my L2P to signal oncoming traffic a couple of times, and to light up darker areas. Needless to say, I had "one or two" more lights on me.

Slightly OT, but Halloweeny lights report:
This year I actually noticed more people with lights (mostly LED headlamps, strangely enough) than last year. Most of these were adults; other than the kids we took t'o't, I only saw 2 others with LED blinkers/lights/reflective trim on them. There was a guy who had some kind of high-power incan with tailcap switch. He kept shining it around, but we never caught up with his party and I couldn't ask him what light that was.

I also had my Arc LS, Pila GL3, tvodrd-made CR2, and gave out several LED blinkers for the kids to wear.