Small LED Lanterns

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Made a pilgrimage to a Target last night. They had put out some of those gift boxes of little geegaws for $5, $10, and $20 like they do every year. One of the $20 ones had three 4AA LED lanterns in different pastel (ugly) colors. They looked like some I'd seen at Brookstone- Brunton brand, maybe. Push button switch on the side, emitter shining up to cone shaped reflector. Couldn't tell if they were two level without opening the box. I think they just used one LED, but not sure. Also, at the $5 display, three coin cell keychain LEDs.

Geoff

mtnwalker

Newly Enlightened
I think I saw what you are describing in Kohls last year at this same time of year. If you really look at them you may notice some small clues that they are inexpensive imitations, but not the real thing. I noticed some had the reflectors that were bent or loose and various other small details that indicated "look-alike only" status. I never bought one though so maybe they were worth the money- who knows...I do know that I did not see one single box that had all 3 look ok.
If you do get one, how about a report? If they are truly cheap imitations- just remember to keep the receipt!:popcorn: