Uh-oh. Got my K2 emitters in today... which side is positive?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also they are an odd shape, they're not round. Also there are two leads on each side. Do I have to connect both of them to the input wire or just one? How much of that black housing can I take off?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
OR you could just read the datasheet

http://www.lumileds.com/pdfs/DS51.pdf

(page 11)
Notice that only one side has a corner; this is how you distinguish + and - sides, also there are 2 dummy contacts labelled NC = no connection.

BTW figure 2 is shown from the top of the emitter.

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah. I guess I could've done that! Thanks, I see how it works now. Why would they put those dummy contacts on there anyway? Can I just clip them off?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can just clip them off although it doesn't matter if they touch anything since they are not connected to each other or the heatslug.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this)

grnamin

Enlightened
KDOG3, the heatsink slug should fit into the recess on top of the LED holder of the BOG module. Works very nicely for centering the LED. Please let us know if it doesn't. I'm working on a very similar mod. Just waiting on my K2 and BOG. :D

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just tried that. Unfortunatly, no dice. The LED "pit" is too large and the heatsink slug isn't deep enough. Looks like its going to take some dremel work to get it to fit properly.