Got My Kroma Today!

OverLord1

Newly Enlightened
Got my Kroma (non-milspec) today from Steven at TacticalSupply.com and WOW, what an amazing light! I debated whether to get the Kroma or another U2 to replace the one I sold last year. The thing about the U2 for me was that I only ever used the highest or the lowest settings. The other four settings were wasted on me as I saw little need for them. First thing I noticed about the Kroma is that the red beam is MUCH nicer than my L1 on low. It is much more appropriate for such things as map or chart reading at night imho. It is much floodier than the TIR optic of the L1. Still wondering what I'll use blue LEDs for since I don't hunt. The blue LEDs sure look cool though, especially on high. The low and high beam from the primary LED is the nicest I've seen yet from a TIR optic light. Nice combination of flood and throw unlike my L1 and E1L which are 90% throw and little sidespill. A lot of people were/are complaining about how the ouput is "only" 60 lumens on high but I have to say it is plenty bright and it is a very useful beam. On high I can easily illuminate the tops of trees 35-45 feet tall. If I need more light than this I will bring my M6
smile.gif
Imho this light is a technological marvel that I doubt anyone but Surefire could've pulled off. My A2 seems antiquated by comparison. Of course I only got the light today so I can't speak about its reliability but judging from the build quality of my light I doubt I'll have any issues (fingers crossed). I think I made the right decision (for me) to get the Kroma and pass on another U2.

Ed

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Sounds great Ed! I am glad that you got your Light and are enjoying it.

Also, if you might like, I have a thread called The Kroma Zone where some people are registering the serial numbers of their Kromas.

All My Best,
John

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Ed, I concur. I too recently got my Kroma (2 nights ago) and am really enjoying it. Hopefully I can get a night hike arranged for next week so I can test it out "in the bush."