• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: $15 Stainless lug-style bodies for Peak/Arc AAA (10180, 10280, 10440/AAA)

vortechs

Enlightened
I visited Peak LED Solutions and picked up an extra set of their brand new stainless steel lug-style Matterhorn AAA bodies. I am offering them on B/S/T as a friendly service to CPF members. :)

These bodies are theaded at 32TPI to work with any Peak Matterhorn heads. They should work with some of the older ArcAAA heads as well, although probably not the new 30TPI Arc AAA heads.

Pictures of the stainless steel lug-style bodies can be seen here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1660302&postcount=2

More info about the shortened bodies can be found in these threads:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/122632
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/138761

I have the following Matterhorn bodies available:
1 x AAA-size (10440) stainless steel, lug-style [SOLD & shipped]
1 x 10280-size stainless steel, lug-style (limited production item) [SOLD & shipped]
1 x 10180-size stainless steel, lug-style (very limited production item) [SOLD & shipped]

The cost is Peak's normal price of $15 for each stainless lug-style body, plus a shipping & handling cost of $2 for USPS first class or $3 for Air Letter Post (for shipping 1, 2, or 3 bodies). Other shipping methods are available at cost and I won't be responsible for lost shipments unless the buyer chooses an insured or registered shipping method (in which case it would probably be more efficient to order directly from Peak).

If you want a lot of these bodies, I suggest ordering them directly from Peak LED Solutions. I am mainly offering these few as a convenience to members who are not planning a large order from Peak and would like a lower shipping cost. I am not planning on doing this very often because it takes a lot of time and effort (sorry).

The first unconditional "I'll take it" gets priority. Please state which body size(s) you want.

I reserve the right to make additional requests for new CPF members or those with low posts totals (such as a confirmed PayPal address).

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Stainless lug-style bodies for Peak/Arc AAA

Oh man you had me going for a moment there. But I don't see SS lug style bodies on Peak's site, and the pics you linked look like SS versions of the aluminum bodies, with those multiple knurl bands. IMO the smooth sided (no knurling) SS bodies look a lot nicer than the knurled versions. And if you've got to have knurling, the Arc AAA (knurled uniformly over the whole light) looks better than the multi-band style. And of course, functionality issues aside, the keychain style is much less attractive than the lug style. Peaks are well made lights but they've always seemed to me to be a little bit lacking in the graceful aesthetics department. In any case though, thanks for doing this. I don't care much for the shortened versions but might buy an AAA sized one and just live with the knurling and hope for a smooth sided version someday.

BTW your first link doesn't work, try
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1660302&postcount=2

Last edited:

vortechs

Enlightened
Re: Stainless lug-style bodies for Peak/Arc AAA (10180, 10280, AAA)

The stainless steel lug-style bodies are brand new from Peak, so they don't appear on Peak's website yet. The new bodies do look like stainless versions of the Peak Matterhorn aluminum bodies, with knurling and bare bands. The knurling on this batch is a bit deeper than the older Peak body that I have. I personally like the appearance of the bands, especially with the deeper knurling, but esthetics are always a matter of personal preference. The bare band also provides a place for the Peak logo that is not around the end of the tube or around the bezel.

I was happy to be able to get a shortened body for my chimo mini-FLuPIC ArcAAA head that will never show wear on the HA around the lug hole.

I don't think Peak made any smooth stainless lug-style bodies in this batch, but I can ask them about smooth lug-style bodies the next time I visit. I don't think it would be a very high demand item, but their custom shop is very friendly and may be willing to accomodate it. Of course the smooth pocket-style stainless steel Matterhorn bodies are a normal item that Peak sells on their website.

I fixed the link in the first post, thanks.

frisco

Enlightened

I'll take the 10280 stainless

"PayPal Sent"

frisco

Last edited:

vortechs

Enlightened
Re: FS: Stainless lug-style bodies for Peak/Arc AAA (10180, 10280, AAA)

Here are the answers to a couple of questions that I have been asked:

The stainless steel Matterhorn bodies have the same threading as all of Peak's other Matterhorn bodies. If you have a Matterhorn body that works with an ArcAAA head, then these bodies should work too. They work with my custom chimo mini-FLuPIC ArcAAA head but I don't have any other Arc heads to try with them.

The stainless bodies are laser engraved "PEAK LED SOLUTIONS" on the bare band nearest the open end.

The AAA-size body and the very short 10180-size body are still available.

paulr

Flashaholic

Vortechs, if you can ask Peak sometime about a smooth sided lug body preferably with no engraving, that would be great. Although, I never carry my ss Matterhorn as it is, it's just too heavy, but it's also too nice a light to not want to set up properly.

vortechs

Enlightened

frisco said:
I'll take the 10280 stainless

"PayPal Sent"

frisco

Hi frisco,

I mailed the stainless 10280-size body today. The body already has a foam washer installed at the bottom (by Peak) and I included an extra foam washer in case you ever happen to need one.

Please let me know when you receive it. Thanks.

vortechs

Enlightened

I thought I should mention that the stainless steel bodies come with a 1/2 inch stainless steel split ring already attached (that is normal for Peak).

The stainless split ring is small enough and strong enough that it helps to use a object like the blade of a screwdriver to force it apart in order to mount it on the lug or take it off the lug.

MrMimizu

Enlightened

I'll take the AAA stainless body. I've been wanting one to go with my stainless head for a while now.
Will you ship to Toronto, Canada? If so, just let me know what the cost is and I'll pay it asap.

edit:
I have a confirmed Canadian paypal address.

vortechs

Enlightened

The AAA-size (10440-size) stainless steel lug-style body goes to MrMimizu.

The very short 10180-size body is still available.

18mm long, 10180 Li-Ion cells rated at 90mAh should be available from CPF dealer AW as a special order item, although they may take some extra time to arrange (I believe he currently has some on order). With an appropriate head, this tiny body probably makes the smallest keychain light available, about half the size of an ArcAAA and even smaller than the awesome Draco.

dtlent

Newly Enlightened

I'll take the 10180-size body SS.

vortechs

Enlightened
Re: SOLD: Stainless lug-style bodies for Peak/Arc AAA (10180, 10280, AAA)

The 10180-size stainless body goes to dtlent. PM sent.

dtlent

Newly Enlightened
Re: SOLD: Stainless lug-style bodies for Peak/Arc AAA (10180, 10280, 10440/AAA)

PP and shipping address was sent yesterday, Vortechs. Thanks!

Last edited:

vortechs

Enlightened

Hi dtlent,

Thanks. I shipped the 10180-size stainless body this morning.

vortechs

Enlightened

Hi dtlent,

Thanks for the PM letting me know you received the 10180-size body.

I currently only have one 10180 cell, the other is at Peak. We've tried it with several Matterhorn heads (recommend the high power head rather than ultra, due to the reduced current draw) and I've used it with my chimo miniFLuPIC Arc-AAA head so it will work with Luxeon Arc-AAA mods that are designed to work with 3.6V Li-Ion cells, though I'd recommend a resistor to keep the current draw to something low enough that the tiny 10180 cell can handle it. Note that the 10180 cell is only 90mAh so you should try to keep the continuous current draw to about 180mA or less (2C). I wouldn't recommend trying to draw 350mA from a 90mAh cell for anything other than a short demo.

Note that the tiny lug-style body also makes a good pill holder if you get one of Peak's machined plastic end caps. It could also be used as a holder for a spare head (if you want to carry a spare with a red or UV led, for instance).

Hope you enjoy the tiny 10180 Matterhorn body. Let me know if you find any other interesting uses for it.

vortechs

Enlightened
SOLD: Stainless lug-style bodies for Peak/Arc AAA (10180, 10280, AAA)

paulr said:
Vortechs, if you can ask Peak sometime about a smooth sided lug body preferably with no engraving, that would be great. Although, I never carry my ss Matterhorn as it is, it's just too heavy, but it's also too nice a light to not want to set up properly.

Hi paulr,

I asked Peak about a smooth sided stainless steel lug-style Matterhorn body. They said it could be done when they have the machines set up and are producing a run of Matterhorn bodies. Unfortunately, since they just completed a run of lug-style Matterhorn bodies, they probably won't have the machines set up for those bodies again for a while (unless they run out of something or somebody makes a special order that is large enough to cover the setup cost). It is unfortunate that I didn't know you were looking for a smooth sided body before Peak did the most recent run or I could have asked about it. Hopefully they'll make a few the next time.

By the way, if you are concerned about the weight of the beautiful stainless steel Matterhorn, the tiny 10180 Matterhorn body makes the flashlight a lot lighter. :)

The stainless steel Matterhorn bodies are still available in all three sizes (AAA/10440, 10280, 10180) directly from Peak LED Solutions.