Malkoff        

Thread: Web-based free e-mail??

Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

Default Web-based free e-mail??

These seem to be fading away somewhat. Does anyone have a favorite service. I used Onebox and had good service plus phone access but they will be charging as of 4-15. I don't like Hotmail or Yahoo and am thinking about Juno for e-mail only. Any comments would be a help and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Web-based free e-mail??

I use Angelfire mail (Lycos based) and like it a lot.
    Unfortunately they don't accept new registrations anymore, but you could give Lycos Mail a try ...

There is a forum here that originally talked only of free email before the free ones started disappearing. The discussion board is heavily used. One webmaster for an email service called Fastmail reminds me somewhat of Peter in his open relationship with his users. He frequents the group a lot, and the forum has even created a special forum for him. He offers a free service, a reasonably priced for life price, and an annual paid service. All are worthwhile. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

I looked at Fastmail and liked what I saw but I think that their free service will not be web-based soon. My understanding is you would have to access through your ISP/Outlook. If I'm incorrect please verify. Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by witsend:
    I looked at Fastmail and liked what I saw but I think that their free service will not be web-based soon. My understanding is you would have to access through your ISP/Outlook. If I'm incorrect please verify. Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The free account is web-based or IMAP only. The full paid account offers web, forwarding, IMAP, or pop3 through your own mail reader.

You can look at www.c4.com It's a mega-search engine site that offers free email.

I use www.bigmailbox.net. When I first opened the account they just had banner ads. Then they went to massive popups. Now they've calmed down and only have one popup when you first logon.

Before I even payed for the CandlePowerForums internet address I've been toying with the idea of CPF email addresses. I can do that now. Jahn has a CPF email address. I have to set things up. It would be a pain to do that on a large scale. But with bigmailbox they take care of all the registrations and all I do is supply the URL. You could get a 'flashaholic@candlepowerforums.com' email account. If there's enough interest I could look into it again.

Flashaholic*

I am looking for a web based e-mail system that lets me send large e-mails.

I had one that sent up to 25 meg, but they closed down.

This way, I can send my large wav and movie files at work over the high speed internet connection without using the company e-mail.

Anyone know of any current sites?

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by witsend:
    ... I don't like Hotmail or Yahoo and am thinking about Juno for e-mail only. Any comments would be a help and appreciated. Thanks in advance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't go with Juno unless you want them to own your computer time! email may not be too bad, but for their free web service, part of the agreement was you had to share your computer's idle time so they could download software for their clients to run projects or whatever. plus if they wiped out your files, it's not their fault! definitely not a good deal.

Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall be forged anew, THATS RIGHT IT'S RETROFIT TIME

eudora 5.1 free download- has a small add box but no popups and is full featured 2 thumbs up