Best inexpensive AA luxeon light?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a decent light to give to a lady friend who seems to lose (or get stolen) all the decent lights I give her. (three so far) Would like to keep the price under $20 if possible. Any suggestions? (I missed out on the great Lowes Tasklight sale.)

TIA

carrot

Flashaholic
Inova Radiant 2AA?
Ultrafire's L1P clone?

My personal favorite "cheap but good light"... the River Rock 2AAA?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a ProPoly or Fenix L2S? (I'm recommending the L2S over the L2T because the S runs much better on alks than the T.) They're good, solid lights.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keychain light. And make sure you put it on her keychain yourself!
Take a Fenix E1 (i know the $24 is a little over your budget but there are L0P clones around). Put the little o-ring on the tail. Slip the o-ring into the splitring holding her keys. Do NOT use the clip. If she can unclip the light from her keys she WILL LOSE it. Suggest staying with coin cell or AAA. AAs are too big and heavy. She WILL REMOVE the light from her keyring and LOSE it.

cy

Flashaholic
lots of used fenix L1's go for close to that...

Stainless said:
Looking for a decent light to give to a lady friend who seems to lose (or get stolen) all the decent lights I give her. (three so far) Would like to keep the price under $20 if possible. Any suggestions? (I missed out on the great Lowes Tasklight sale.)

TIA

3AA Maglite LED. $20 from Home Depot.
2AA Maglite LED is $24 from Wal-Mart, which you can do match & Beat at HD to get it for $21.60.

Someone's suggested Fenix L2S. Well, that thing is $35.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I you're set on getting a AA light the Task Force 1 AA from Lowes seems, so far, to work well. It's a 1 watt with a luxeon like emitter, has a convenient tail clickie, nice neutral tint, decent throw, $16.95 price, and red or blue colors. It is a bit big for a 1 AA.

Geoff

bitslammer

Enlightened
Gave my GF girlfriend the Inova Radiant and it's a nice light but the switch seems very prone to getting bumped on when in a purse.

Was going to mention the Lowes deal but as you've said it's over for now.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were you looking for 1 AA? Civictor shipped = $25.65 with CPF discount from fenix-store.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
bigfoot said:
2xAA Mini-Mag LED. Who's gonna steal a Mini-Mag? :)

TEE-HEE-HEE!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking one to four AA cells. Does not necessarily HAVE to be purse sized - glove box size is ok. I like the suggestion of welding it to her keychain. No Lowes in my area, but now I have some other suggestions to chase down.

THANKS!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Innova X1 is my vote for a single AA light that's small, inexpensive but bright. They are at Target for $20, maybe less on sale.

For a larger light, around the house and outdoors the Streamlight 4AA Luxeon can't be beat [and you can literaly beat it and it will still work] for ~$25. VERY BRIGHT with a great beam pattern, including great throw.

Last edited:

maxilux

Enlightened
LED_Thrift said:
Innova X1 is my vote for a single AA light that's small, inexpensive but bright. They are at Target for $20, maybe less on sale.

For a larger light, around the house and outdoors the Streamlight 4AA Luxeon can't be beat [and you can literaly beat it and it will still work] for ~$25. VERY BRIGHT with a great beam pattern, including great throw.

It can be only one !! SL ProPolymer 4AALuxeon, best 1 Watt Luxeon Light.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
EngrPaul said:
Were you looking for 1 AA? Civictor shipped = $25.65 with CPF discount from fenix-store.

Uh... I just spent $190 at the fenix-store... What did I need to do to get a cpf discount and how much is the discount? So I dont screw up again! :rant:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lowes $2.50 light would probably have been a bit large for use in a purse.
You might want to take a look at that Dorcy Hawkeye 2 pack at Costco (around $28) The size is right for a purse/pocket light, albeit a little fat. The side position switch would give mainstream consumers a bit more familiarity. And best of all, when she loses the first one, there will be a replacement that will be readily available ;)

If you don't have a Costco membership, you probably have a friend or family member that does (at least that is the case most of the time.)

Stainless said:

TIA