Hello, new to the BB.

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello all! I am new to this place so I thought I'd stop in and say Hi!. I have been frequenting the knife forums and stumbled upon this forums quite by accident. Glad to know I can have my flashlight questions answered somewhere.

I am a firefighter and use alot of different lights, the Streamlight Survivor being my daily carry on the job. Off the job i carry a Surefire E2HA, but I plan on upgrading to an E2EHA. I really need that lockout tailcap.

I look forward to enjoying this place.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard, Remster135.

Iffen you want flashlight info, CPF is the place to be. We have a few firefighters on the forum, so you'll be able to check out your options for work lights here too.

Incidentally check out the SureFire Discussion board, it's linked through from their site or the links page here.

But, be warned: you'll probably end up buying a whole lotta lights.

lightlover

Ps - we don't have the sophisticated formatting options for posts that Bladeforums has ......

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome. Jump right in.

The LOTC is available as a seperate part. Sorry I don't have a P/N right now. Give Sure Fire a call in the morning.

P.S. Some dealers give discounts to police/firemen.

Darell

Flashaholic
Like David says, you can purchase the LOTC for the E2. It is the same part that now comes standard on the the entire E series. The bad news is that SF wants more than 50% of what I paid for the entire light just for the LOTC
frown.gif
$32 if I remember right.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Like David says, you can purchase the LOTC for the E2. It is the same part that now comes standard on the the entire E series. The bad news is that SF wants more than 50% of what I paid for the entire light just for the LOTC
frown.gif
$32 if I remember right.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave,

I called SF today and ordered the E2eHA. I got a great deal and I got 10% off and free shipping. The bad news was that they originally told me they only discount LEO and Military orders. I questioned them on that and got it. I can't wait for it to arrive.

I was also looking into buying the LOTC separately but I also need the anti-roll bezel and that is not available as an ungrade (?)

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Remster135:

I was also looking into buying the LOTC separately but I also need the anti-roll bezel and that is not available as an ungrade (?)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If all you want the light to do is not roll, the E2 works fine as long as you leave the clip on. The benefit of the hex bezel is that it stays exactly where you put it, regardless of where the clip is. But really, the clip of the E2 does of find job of keeping the thing from rolling away on you.

I solved all the mystery of the E2 vs the E2e by getting them both. The price of sanity.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm going to carry it cilpped to my pocket, my E2 is still my EDC. The E2e is fine in a holster, but the finish will really eat up your pocket when you clip or unclip it. TX

Darell

Flashaholic
Hmm. Never thought of that. Better pick me up one of them fancy new holsters to go with my E2e. I really do like how the E2 clips so perfectly onto just about anything I wear. I think SF missed the boat a bit on the new clip design.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I thought about using the clip to keep it from rolling also, but I prfer to carry it without the clip because I am always getting it caught on something. I think I may order the holster.

Darell

Flashaholic
Ah. There you go. Without the clip, the hex bezel becomes a requirement. Yup, I think I'll have to get a holster as well...

- Darell

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken, excellent purchase. I'm sorry I messed up the details. It's 10% discount for fire departments or any public safety official. I'm glad you got a discount anyways.
smile.gif

For your existing E2 get a F04 beamshaper. It's a rubber slip on that has a hex shape. If you don't like the beamshaper that part of the lense can be popped out and the slip on can be used as an anti-roll device.

If you don't use the clip on your E2 you can get a E2e bezel P/N 14370-1. It has a hex shape in the bezel. Right now it's a free 'evaluation sample' because the price is not set. If they set the price then you'll have to pay up.

If you go that route then you'll have to get an SF V82 holster to carry it. While you're at it get 2. One for the E2 and one for the E2e. Then you'll be set up just like me.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info Dave, but it comes one day too late.
wink.gif
I ordered the E2e already. If I had known about the "free" hex bezel head and LOTC add-on I would have kept the E2. I sold to a friend of mine. I also ordered an E1eGM for my wife. She loves it and she feels safer at night with that and her Chris Reeve Small Sebenza at her side.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
If you don't use the clip on your E2 you can get a E2e bezel P/N 14370-1. It has a hex shape in the bezel. Right now it's a free 'evaluation sample' because the price is not set. If they set the price then you'll have to pay up.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
DavidW. I just got off the phone from SF. I was told to fax a letterhead to Stuart Yager and he will fax the forms to me to fill out and return. Did you have to do this to get a "sample"?
confused.gif