2AA Mini-Mag mods?

Stormstaff

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully this is the right place to post this. If not mods, please move to the correct area.

New here, but I'm curious if there are any "easy" mods for a 2AA Mini-Mag?

Thanks in advance for your time!!!

sp5it

Enlightened
Enjoy MM modding.
I got MM with home made Lambda pill with TW0H, IMS20 and switch in tailcap.
Great light.
Mike

Stormstaff

Newly Enlightened
sp5it said:
Enjoy MM modding.
Great light.
Mike

huh2.gif

Sorry, most of that reply I have no clue what it means. Yes, I'm a true n00b.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a silver 2AA minimag just waiting for an awesome led setup.
I have the mineral crystal and kroll switch in place already.

I'm holding off in hopes of something in a CREE showing up soon.
That would be one serious light :)

Ray/Kid9P

Lucero

Enlightened
My quest for improving the MiniMag is what landed me here originally.
At the time, I had one in every vehicle, desk, boat, tacklebox, toolbag, kitchen, etc.

Here's the bottom line : The LED modification described in a new language above is one of the best. It's also kind of spendy. If you want sheer brightness with no consideration given to runtime, order the TL-3 hotwire kit found in that link above.

If you'd rather have a great light about the same size, with a manufacturer's warranty because you're not changing anything, I am suggesting the Streamlight TL-3 incandescent.

Straight outta the box, you have great throw, focus-ability, compact size. Amazon had the lowest price on the day that I bought a couple. Sometimes they are for sale here, used. Great stocking stuffer for the non-technical people on your list.

Lucero

greenLED

Flashaholic
sp5it said:
Enjoy MM modding.
Great light.
Mike
MM= minimag
Lambda pill= a converter made/offered by fellow CPFer Lambda
TWOH= "bin" of a Luxeon III LED (T= bright, WO=the apparent off-white color, H= low forward voltage)
IMS20= a 20mm outer diameter reflector for Luxeon LEDs

Welcome to our madness!

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
greenLED said:
MM= minimag
Lambda pill= a converter made/offered by fellow CPFer Lambda
TWOH= "bin" of a Luxeon III LED (T= bright, WO=the apparent off-white color, H= low forward voltage)
IMS20= a 20mm outer diameter reflector for Luxeon LEDs

Welcome to our madness!

This particular combo (using the Lambda pill) truly does kick butt. It makes a fantastic light that is not to hard to put together. Albeit there is some pretty small components to solder. Steady hands and a magnifing glass do help. His instructions are very well done and easy to follow. I am by no means any kind of an electronics expert yet I had no problems putting several of these together. Build one and you'll be hooked.

Another avenue would be to put together a sandwich from "The Sandwich Shoppe". Great results are likely to be had here. They come with the boards already populated. Not a whole lot of soldering to do. Buy a converter board, emitter board, Lux, and some JB Weld. And you'll have your self a bright little pill or sandwich or whatever you wish to call it. The IMS 20mm reflector seems to be the more popular. However it takes some doing to get one into the MM head.

Happy modding

cheers, ZWF

sp5it

Enlightened
For IMS20 head needs to be bored a little bit. Lathe, a few minutes of seting it up and it is ready. It is better than modifying reflector IMO.
Mike

snipinglight

Newly Enlightened
sp5it said:
For IMS20 head needs to be bored a little bit. Lathe, a few minutes of seting it up and it is ready. It is better than modifying reflector IMO.
Mike

sp5it , how do u lathe the head, kind to share?