I Would Highly Recommend This Flashlight

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I just wanted to recommend this flashlight to all you flashly geeks.

http://www.brightguy.com/products/Streamlight_ProPolymer_3C_XENON_Flashlight.php

http://www.brightguy.com/images/bgimages/str3c.jpg
(Streamlight ProPolymer 3C Xenon)

Why? Because this flashlight is bright, lightweight, small, durable, waterproof, shock-resistance, uses common batteries, inexpensive, and comes with a clip. And the head lamp is interchangable which means you can get an LED module for it.

On Halloween night, I found myself carrying this flashlight around. This flashlight is so convienent and super easy to carry. You don't even have to rely on a holster, just clip on to your pants and you're good to go!

This is my new "go to" flashlight. Streamlight's line of ProPolymer flashlights just kicks-***!

I feel this flashlight is wayyyyyyyyy underrated. Get one and try it!

Last edited by a moderator:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Nice "testimonial". Your image is hotlinked, BTW. ;)

As you browse more 'round here, you'll notice people seem to favor their 4AA version more than the C version.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
What GreenLED is trying to say is that hotlinking is not allowed on CPF and that the 4AA version has all the same benefits and lighter weight and size!

Bill

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gosh, if it weren't for his past history of posts, one might conclude that it looks like SPAM.

lightUup - If you like the SLPP 3C in Xenon, you might also want to look at the Luxeon version; it'll knock your socks off. The SLPP 3C is a great form factor as well, being about the same length as a compact 2D, and about the same length as a Mag 2C (even though this light is a 3C light!)

Gromulus

Newly Enlightened
I have two ff the 3C Luxeon models and "several" of the 4AA Luxeon models. Thanks to this accursed sight I now have many (more expensive) lights but when I use these I often wonder why I need to spend any more for a general purpose flashlight.

The 4AA Luxeon is a nice size for carrying during walks in my neighborhood and in the nearby woods. I keep one in the glovebox of all our vehicles.

The 3C is my favorite camping torch. I love the 6 hour regulated battery life!

If I had to I could get by with a 4AALuxeon, Fenix PI, and Photon Freedom - but I guess I will keep all the others as well :)

Last edited:

postalguy

Newly Enlightened
What's wrong with hotlinking? I've done it before here and nobody said anything.

So what's the difference between linking to a pic off some website as opposed to linking it from your own hosting site? I don't understand.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
postalguy said:
What's wrong with hotlinking? I've done it before here and nobody said anything.

So what's the difference between linking to a pic off some website as opposed to linking it from your own hosting site? I don't understand.

CPF Hotlinking rules

If no one said anything to you about it, CPF staff was not aware of it.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hotlinking is using someone elses site and picture without permission.

Using a picture you have placed on photobucket is OK, it's YOUR picture and photobucket exists for that reason.

As I understand it, hotlinking to a commercial site or to someone elses site causes them to use excessive bandwidth and may cost them a ton of money because of you.

That reflects badly on CPF, thus it is outlawed

bitslammer

Enlightened
bwaites said:
Hotlinking is using someone elses site and picture without permission.

Using a picture you have placed on photobucket is OK, it's YOUR picture and photobucket exists for that reason.

As I understand it, hotlinking to a commercial site or to someone elses site causes them to use excessive bandwidth and may cost them a ton of money because of you.

That reflects badly on CPF, thus it is outlawed

To put into context this thread has had 315 hits. IF you put an image on this thread linking to to http://serverA.zzz/image.jpg and that image/jpg file is 500K then that "serverA" has dished out ~157MB of traffic to load that image 315 times. Some dealer/modders etc. might have an account where there ISP puts a limit on how much data they can transfer/month.

LG&M

Enlightened
I have this light. It has served me well for a number of years. It's not even the hotlinked version.:grin2:

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry I stuff things up all the time. I try my best but I am just not with it some times. It might be due to the lack of sleep I have experienced since joining this forum!

Dchall8

Newly Enlightened
bitslammer said:
To put into context this thread has had 315 hits. IF you put an image on this thread linking to to http://serverA.zzz/image.jpg and that image/jpg file is 500K then that "serverA" has dished out ~157MB of traffic to load that image 315 times. Some dealer/modders etc. might have an account where there ISP puts a limit on how much data they can transfer/month.
On the other hand, most people with something to sell not only pay for the bandwidth, but they go on to pay marketing companies to go out and capture live humans with a serious interest in their products to click through to their images.

I would be much more concerned about the SPAM issues.

bones_708

Enlightened
The first time I saw this light I was struck by how bright this light was for basicly just a regular 3c light. I'm a big fan of this one.

frank777

Enlightened
4 AA-size batteries cost the same as 2-C size, provide more electricity in high drain applications, and are lighter.