Pet likes - the opposite of pet peeves

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pet like #1 - tailgaters. One of my favorite people in the world is the guy tailgating me - honest. As with most people in my neck of the woods, I tend to drive faster than the speed limit. As such, it is imperative, both from a safety standpoint and from a ticket avoidance standpoint, to keep track of the traffic pattern 360 degrees around you.

When I notice someone tailgating me (how did that guy get there?), it means I have been day dreaming and not paying attention to my driving. If I don't notice him until he flashes his lights, it means I've had my head totally up my ***, and I'm just glad he got my attention before something bad happened.

I am grateful that he is out there protecting me. I am more than happy to let him pass so that he can clear the road ahead of idiot drivers and cops.

Pet like #2 - the person who lets me cut in line. Here's one I really try to do myself whenever I get the chance. When I'm in line with only 2 items, I really appreciate the person in front of me with the whole cart load of stuff telling me to go in front of them.

Pet like #3 - the person who lets me out into traffic. Another one I try to do whenever I get the chance. I'm trying to get out of the gas station, or parking lot, and there is wall to wall cars as far as the eye can see. It makes my day when someone holds back and motions me to get in front of them.

I've got a lot more of them, but this should get things started.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
People in vehicles that wave me across the street. I believe in the "pay it forward" concept; that is, if I wave cars across a street when I'm not in a hurry, I'll get paid back the same way later. :thumbsup: Might be later in the same trip, might be days later.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The_LED_Museum said:
I believe in the "pay it forward" concept
I love it. That's one of my all time favorites. Sometimes I'll give an inexpensive flashlight to someone who needs one, but doesn't have any. When they ask how they can return the light or pay me back, I just say "keep the light - you can pay me back by doing someone else a favor when they need it". At first I get a quizical look, then I see the smile on their face when it hits them.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Animals. Specifically, dogs and cats.

Sleeping in.

Sleeping in with my dog.

Sneezing.

Star Trek.

CPF.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahh... sneezing!

I Love Turning on a Flashlight in the Night and watching it obliverate Darkness.

Sleeping

Seeing a New USPS or UPS or Even FEDex Package at my door step

and for some weird reason I like seeing UPS trucks :huh:

greenLED

Flashaholic
JimH said:
...you can pay me back by doing someone else a favor when they need it...
I tend to do that often. Gives me a warm and fuzzy when it comes full circle. :grin2:

People who smile, say "please", "thank you", and those who (sincerely) apologize.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pet Likes:

Happy dogs.

The TRULY good people on CPF/FF like JimH, Modamag, js, KevinL (Lightstream), Codeman, milkyspit, Ginseng, SilverFox, McGizmo and too many others to name!

People I can disagree with and still be friends!

Pay it forward people, and trying to be one!

My Kids, (and soon to be grandkids, my daughter is due today with our first grandchild!)

High School Football!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
and for some weird reason I like seeing UPS trucks :huh:
That wouldn't be because it's the sleigh that brown santa travels in would it?
Sen_Smilewide.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having a neighbor who doesn't mind using his tractor, with a post hole digger on the back, to come over and dig some holes for my new fence. FYI, I live in a purely residential neighborhood.

Having neighbors who like you enough to feel okay asking to borrow a cup of sugar, or, in my case a couple of nights ago, some chili powder.

Filet mignon with peppercorn crust covered with bernaise sauce and broiled shrimp.

The lady at Costco who took the time to learn my name so she could say hi because she saw me there so often.

My dentist who doesn't believe in pain. If he sees me even start to wince, he'll stop what he's doing and add a little more novacaine.

My cardiologist, who's been really good about keeping me alive, and offers gentle encouragement for me to get my act together instead of beating me up about all my bad habits.

People who laugh at my jokes. For that matter, people who laugh, period.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sleeping in on the weekends. Maybe it harks from working second shift for many years. I love just lying in bed until the early afternoon. I may not be sleeping the whole time but I'll wake up watch a little TV or possible read a bit and then doze off some more. More then one Sunday, I'll still be in bed when football starts at one o'clock.

Speaking of second shift, I'm one of the rarities that liked it although it is not for a married person with kids. I never slept so well as I did knowing that I could sleep as long as I wanted without getting woke up by an alarm. Now sometimes I'll wake up in the wee hours of the morning, look at the clock and figure I'd better get back to sleep because I only have x amount of time before the alarm goes off.

Topper

Flashaholic*
OK what is bernies sauce ? bwaites post the (Happy dogs part) brought tears to my eyes. Yep happy dogs is a good thing.
I also love folks I can dissagree with and walk off knowing they still got my back and I still got theirs.
Wasn't long ago I could tell by the sound of the engine if it was UPS or Fed-Ex bringing me "happy stuff".
Not sure about this one as it makes me nervous but I figure thats just me.
The lady at WallyWorld that sees me once a week between 4:30 to 5:15 AM
(I stop in before work) Follows me around; I need help she is there for me.
She opens a register when I am ready to check out. I recall saying a few things to her.
Yes Mamm, No Mamm, Thank you Mamm, Have a nice Day Mamm.
So I can see why I am quite the Ladies Man at 5:00 AM.:laughing: :laughing:
Go figure.
Topper :)

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like it that the doctor that i see every week (since i have cf ) is always nice and talks to me and that he never gives up and is always trying to keep me alive.

i like it when people are kind and ask for permission to hunt on others land and when the landowner says no they dont get all mad

i like it when my local schools and town throws cheridys for me and my medicene

and i love it when people on cpf are so kind yet no one has really met each other yet they can still be very kind.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade_boy said:
i like it that the doctor that i see every week (since i have cf ) is always nice and talks to me and that he never gives up and is always trying to keep me alive.

i like it when people are kind and ask for permission to hunt on others land and when the landowner says no they dont get all mad

i like it when my local schools and town throws cheridys for me and my medicene

and i love it when people on cpf are so kind yet no one has really met each other yet they can still be very kind.

If you Dont mind me asking Benchmade Boy, But what is CF?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
If you Dont mind me asking Benchmade Boy, But what is CF?
CF is short term for Cystic Fybosis it is a life threating diseas that as of now can not be cured. every day i take medicine at school, home, every where i go even vacation i have to do inhaled medication. i am in the hospital a lot somtimes for weeks. its kind of funny because of CF i found cpf cuz i went on my MAKE A WISH to cabelas and there i got a surefire g2 i didnt know what it was so i looked it up and found this place. it takes my mind off my disease since i cant go to school a lot and im always on the computer looking at cpf while i do my medicene. the first couple of doctors said i would not live to be 12 and i am here now 15 so i am very lucky. the normal average life expectancie for cf patents is around 30 so you guys hopfully have to put up with me for a couple more years.

have a good day.

David Miller

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow,

Im So sorry.
I have no Words
Ive never heard of CF and Did not know it was so serious.
Best Wishes to You and Your Family.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you- if you want more info i am sure you can look it up on the internet i dont mind telling anyone its just that i like to know alot about my body its just somthings i would rather not no.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flying Turtle said:
Love the smell of wood smoke on these crisp Autumn nights.

Geoff
Boy, that's a good one - one of my favorites. Since I now live in a heavily populated urban area where just about any kind of burning is banned, I had almost forgotten about it. I think I'll have to go start a fire in my back yard and hope I don't get caught by the air pollution police.

I just though of one even better than wood smoke - probably my all time favorite: a cold nose, wet tongue, and warm fur on my cheek in the middle of the night. No matter how tired I am or how down I might be, it always brings a smile to my face and raises my spirits.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to smell pleasant things - rain, fresh wood, macaroni and cheese, books (old and new), that sort of thing.

Dogs.