A gift from my colleges. Story.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just surprised me at work. My wife gave birth to our son last Friday and as I was sitting at my desk half an hour ago the I noticed that my colleagues started to crowd around me. They had a surprise presentation for me with a card and presents for my newborn son. I unwrapped the first gift and guess what !!! They had bought my son an Early Learning Center "My First Torch". Oh, how well they know me....

As my son was born 10 weeks early and only weighs 1kg at the moment, I'm guessing it will be a while before he can use it but when he is out of the incubator I'll place it next to his bed, just in case....

Last edited:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys.

At work they had been joking for the past few months that the baby would come out with a torch in it's hand so that it could see the way.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

You probably meant "colleagues"? Didn't you? On this side of the pond, we tend to think of colleges as post secondary educational facilities, something along the lines of what you might call "university" or just plain "uni"

Jay R said:
I noticed that my colleges started to crowd around me.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

You probably meant "colleagues"? Didn't you? On this side of the pond, we tend to think of colleges as post secondary educational facilities, something along the lines of what you might call "university" or just plain "uni"

Ops. Corrected thanks. I blame Friday afternoons.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got a lot on your mind right now. Back in the old days, it would have included a lot of worrying as babies that premature often did not make it. Nowadays there is hardly any reason to be concerned about a 1Kg baby. Nevertheless, even if the baby were full term, your mind would be a bit occupied. Again, congrats!

Jay R said:
Ops. Corrected thanks. I blame Friday afternoons.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Excellent!! Sounds like you're working with a great bunch of folks! Best wishes & prayers to the new addition & family and congrats!!