I think ULTRAFIRE finally got it right. PART ll ****UPDATE PAGE 2 and 3****

mhubble

Enlightened
You can read PART 1 here.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137063&highlight=ultrafire+finally

After getting the new type ULTRAFIRE WF602A1 and testing it I decided to order 5 more and see if they were all the same. Got the 5 lights on wed and spent a couple of days testing them. Basically to see if they developed the problem of not restarting after the battery level dropped below 1.2 VOLTS. Great News...ALL 5 LIGHTS WORKED PERFECTLY AND WOULD COME ON WITH THE BATTERIES AS LOW AS 0.85 VOLTS. I used DURACELL ULTRA'S in all 5 lights. The five new lights all had the new type switch and what looks like extra solder on the Back of the LED. SEE PHOTO'S.
I started the test doing the same thing I did in PART 1. On for 15 min off for 15 min. After 1 hour of ON time it dropped to about 75% brightness and the battery read 1.15 volts. After 1.5 hours of on time it dropped to 60% brightness with the battery reading 1.10 volts. At 2 hours of ON time it dropped to 50% brightness but the battery jumped back up to 1.15 volts?????? At 2 hours 15 min of ON time it was still at 50% brightness but the battery dropped to 1.0 volts. I then let it rest for 35 min and turned it back on for 25 min. It had then dropped to 40% brightness and the battery read 0.75 volts. At first they wouldnt come back on. But after waiting about 3 min they came back on. I checked the battery and it read 0.85. I stopped the test for the night and the next day(about 20 hours later) I started again. The batteries started at 1.31 volts and after 30 min od ON time had dropped to 1.00 volts. The brightness was about 70%. Turned it off for 30 min and then back on for 30. At the end of the 30 min of ON time the light was about 50% brightness and the battery was at .95 volts. Left them off for another 15 min and then back on for about 25 min and they were all still on but light was about 25% brightness. Thats where I ended the test. I had OBOUT 3.5 HOURS OF ON TIME OVER TWO DAYS. With intermitten use the light will consistantly stay above 75% brightness. Im no expert in doing these kind of test but Im sold on these lights. Just ordered 12 more which will be given as Christmas presents. They average about 17.00 shipped. The five I just got are already gone. Kept two for myself and the rest are slated for XMAS. Fifthunit doesnt have the HAlll VERSION listed on their website yet but they said you can email them and they can get them. The HA lll version is about 24.00. Heres a link the lights.
http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/products.5th/sku.927.html

pb010001kp8.jpg

pb010003sv1.jpg

pb010005oa2.jpg

Last edited:

flame2000

Enlightened
Re: I think ULTRAFIRE finally got it right. PART ll

Is that gold-plated springs for the tail-cap? :)

mchlwise

Enlightened

I just ordered two of them this morning and am really looking forward to checking them out.

If the quality is good, I'll probably get a bunch more.

Plus, they supposedly can run on a 3volt 14500 cell. :drool:

I can't wait to compare it to my JetBeam.

:popcorn:

mhubble

Enlightened

The tailcap springs look gold plated but I kind of doubt thye are, probably something else.

Julian Holtz

Enlightened

Nice!

Is it possible to open the head to swap the stock LED for a Cree XR-E?:whistle:

Thanks,

Julez

kevinm

Enlightened

The HA verion is on qualitychinagoods.com, right? Does it have the same circuit as these new ones? I'm looking for have-one-right-here type confirmation.

Thanks,
Kevin

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

mhubble

Enlightened

Is it possible to open the head to swap the stock LED for a Cree XR-E?:whistle:

Yes it is possible, just unscrews. Something else I found out about these lights....THEY HAVE GLASS LENS.

The HA verion is on qualitychinagoods.com, right? Does it have the same circuit as these new ones? I'm looking for have-one-right-here type confirmation.

I would assume its the same. But I dont have one yet.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good to know Ultrafire finally fixed the driver issue. The only other thing that's held me back from getting any UFs is the contact issues various models have had and sanding is required. Yeah, it's a relatively minor problem, but I plan on getting them as gifts and don't want people to deal with that.

mhubble

Enlightened

the contact issues various models have had and sanding is required

None of these new ones have the contact issue either. I should have mentioned it in the original post.If you look close at the photo of the 5 taken apart you can see the center section has no black coating on the end. Both ends are that way. None of these have flickered at all.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

jsr said:
The only other thing that's held me back from getting any UFs is the contact issues various models have had and sanding is required. Yeah, it's a relatively minor problem, but I plan on getting them as gifts and don't want people to deal with that.

Hate to be a dissenting opinion (I have this exact light and like it), but mine has the contact issue (head not making contact in my case). I solved it by adding a solder ring inside the head. But I agree, and that's why I would not recommend these as gifts unless I arranged to have them shipped to me first to verify/fix.

CANDLE

Newly Enlightened

Looks Like $22.91 from Quality China Goods.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Ultrafire 602D seems to still have a bit of an issue with coming on in flickers until it's cranked down good (twisty) but I'm not sure what can be done as it seems the thread match between the head and tail is so loose that the transference of the negative route from battery tail to head is always going to be flickering as you crank it down. Any ideas for this one? I wonder if a little solder could be dropped on the threads.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm a huge fan of this flashlight, I'm glad to see it's getting the recognition it deserves. It outperforms my L2P with L1P body using idnetical batteries of any brand. Plus the ability to use 14500's is just too cool. This light is BRIGHT!

Shao

Last edited:

flame2000

Enlightened

:awman: .........Now that they had fixed the issue, I'm spoilt for choice! This or the upgraded LumaPower LM301?

I think I will end up getting both.

kevinm

Enlightened

mhubble said:
Yes it is possible, just unscrews. Something else I found out about these lights....THEY HAVE GLASS LENS.

I would assume its the same. But I dont have one yet.

When you get one, or if anyone else has one from a recent shipment, does the HA version carry the new circuit? The glass lens surprises me...

Thanks,
Kevin

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast

> the thread match between the head and tail is so loose ....

Scary, when you think about it.

flame2000

Enlightened

kevinm said:
When you get one, or if anyone else has one from a recent shipment, does the HA version carry the new circuit? The glass lens surprises me...

Thanks,
Kevin

Don't be surprised.......even the cheap MX Power Nichia at $8.25 comes with a glass lens. :)

MXPower_3.jpg

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey flame, what other lights is the nichia light comparable to, in output?