Surefire G2 LED Upgrade

Wildewinds

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire G2 and the bulb died on me very quickly.

Anyone know of the best LED upgrade that can be done for this light? Hopefully it will be as bright or brighter than the original bulb and give me much longer run time. :)

(tried to search for this question, but search isn't working right)

Chris201W

Enlightened
Just how quickly did the bulb die? It should have lasted at least 25 hours if you didn't drop it or anything.

lightinsky

Enlightened
I'd go with the surefire KL3 or KL5 high output leds. The KL3 will give you about the same light output as the Inova T3 and the KL5 will give you shorter run time at according to Surefire 100 lumens for 1 hour and diminishing after that. I've got the G2 and have tried it in the KL3 and it's really nice. I've got one on order for my Surefire 9p which will give it 7 hours continuous flat regulated light and then diminishing after that. I thought of getting the KL5 but at $145 bucks it's too much for an led upgrade, that's why at $56 bucks the KL3 is a bargain. Go for what your budget will allow you and as always enjoy lighting up the night. :sold: :sold:

Wildewinds

Newly Enlightened
Hahah, I guess it's a matter of perspective. While I agree that $145 is too much for an LED upgrade, I also think $56 is too much when we're talking about a $30 light. I think I'd have to really like Surefires to do something like that.

Are there any other non-surefire brand upgrades?

Topper

Flashaholic*
Yes, you can try a Lighthound or Bug out Gear LED drop in. You need to be sure to get the one for a G2. Seems like they both sell G&P products and either place could hook you up with one. I do not think they (I have 2, 1 from each so I am not just guessing.) have the same output as a P60 but they have a good beam and will run on a Pila 168s (Pila has new numbers for the cells 600s I think is the new number) or 2 CR123's so I like mine but they are not as bright as the P60
to me.
Topper :)

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Also, the BOG will handle voltage from 4.5-9 volts, so you could use two RCR123's. Not sure if the Lighthound model will do the same.

Bill

nightstalker101

Enlightened
Would a 3.7V battery make it as bright as a 2 CR123 rechargeables (3.7V each)? Thanks.

Nightstalker101