Moderators wanted

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
...dead or alive.

I mean I'd like to fill some vacancies. The moderator column will show "no one" if there are no mods for that forum. There are a max of 4 slots per forum.

The members here are for the most part very nice. That part doesn't need moderating. What I need are moderators to keep the discussion on topic and move threads that belong in other forums. Lock duplicates. etc.

I would prefer if you had some knowledge/experience the forum you wish to moderate.

If you're interested, make your case in this thread. If you can think of someone else you would like to suggest, go right ahead.

I asked Craig to help with the LED forum a while back. He graciously declined. I'm inviting him to reconsider.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Give me a crash course on UBB administrative operations and I'll see about it. As long as I don't have to yell at people (which I really don't care for doing) I'll be fine.
smile.gif

I ran a BBS for just over ten years so I know about that administrative stuff, but not on this platform. I used BBS software I made myself (TDMBBS for the Commodore 64; based on Ivory Joe's platform) until its last revision in 1993, and then switched to a PC and Searchlight BBS v2.0, running that up till its 1999 v5.x revision; but both of these were ordinary dial-up systems with relatively simple and straightforward sysop interfaces.

Darell

Flashaholic
I'd love to help out if I can. I've been a mod on a couple of automotive forums that also didn't really need mods
smile.gif

My only concern is that sometimes I'm away from the computer for minutes, sometimes even hours at a time! No, seriously, there are times when I'll be gone for a week or three, and I don't want to leave anybody in a lurch. If I had a forte, it would be in the LED area... or in the Cafe, sipping jo with Jahn.

Happy to help if you need me. Might as well do something productive while I'm here...

Lonewolf

Enlightened
I nominate Darell to moderate the Arc forums. He knows these lights better than Peter.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lonewolf:
I nominate Darell to moderate the Arc forums. He knows these lights better than Peter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to suggest the same, but then I read the part about 'keeping discussions on topic'
grin.gif
. I dunno, can you do it Darell?

Graham

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
david, I would not mind to moderate the buy/sell/trade section as i am always lurking there and one of my pet peeves is that people who sell thier light or whatever and then do not bother to edit the title line of the post and let everybody know that the equipment is sold
for instance:

E2e for sale***SOLD***
or
E2e F/T***TRADED***

I would be happy to keep on topic or mark up completed deals!

Sincerely, Mike

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
'keeping discussions on topic'
grin.gif
. I dunno, can you do it Darell?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh sure. I can keep everybody ELSE in line. No problem. I know I can count on your "help" Graham.
grin.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weeelll, now ic can access the administrator/moderator section but cant seem to perform any functions... will i be up and running soon?

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Oh sure. I can keep everybody ELSE in line. No problem. I know I can count on your "help" Graham.
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weeell, ok. You've got my vote. (Am I a pushover or what?)
Darell for moderator!
I reckon Craig is the man for LED forum moderator too.

Graham

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:

I reckon Craig is the man for LED forum moderator too.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I threw my hat in the ring last night, and somebody picked it up this morning and wrote "Moderator" on it with a black bingo marker.
blush.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm-
I wasn't going to offer because of two things-

1: An old grump like me isn't the best for a moderator in the first place; I'm such a "party-pooper"....

2: There are much better qualified people in the group for the subject.

But I just noticed that there is no moderator in the Electronics / Batteries Included Forum .

If no one better wants to do it, I'll volunteer.

I have a couple of web message boards etc. running now, and have run several others, so I am familiar with the process, although haven't operated the UBB system.

Empath

Flashaholic
I'm willing, although it looks like the areas that I'd consider myself even halfway knowledgeable, or at least opinionated is gaining sufficient assistance. My loves are General Flashlights, LEDs, and Batteries.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm volunteering my services for moderator if any are still available. I'm a CPF newbie but have worked as a Network Admin/Network Engineer and currently work as a Webmaster/Web Developer.