more than 200Lumen

ChristophW

Newly Enlightened
Hello together

i am looking for a new flashlight with much more power than the mag charger.
Focusable is not important. Only the size is important an should not be larger than a Mag 2D about 20cm.
LED or other ones are no problem.
What models of Surefire could do the job? Or some others?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Chris, welcome to CPF.

LED lights have a number of benefits over the incan magcharger including better efficiency. Whiter light gives truer colour reproduction and also LEDs tend to produce much smoother beam patterns. They won't be able to out throw the magcharger though but I don't think this is such an important issue.

If you're looking for an LED light with greater or equal output than the magcharger, you will need multiple LEDs. A few suggestions would be:

Elektrolumens: Quadstar phaser / Tristar phaser / my little friend.

Barbolight U-09 / U-15

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Despite what was said above, LED's have much WORSE color rendition than incans.

That said, I like both lights for different purposes. To generalize, I like LED indoors and incan outdoors.

Anyway, for about $4 you can drop a Welch Allyn 1160 into your MC and have 450 lumens. Contact Litho123 for some 1160's. Also, www.flashlightlens.com usually has some. And there was some other retailer online who was selling WA lamps. Failing all of that, I could sell you one.

OR, if money is no object, the SureFire M6 gives 400 lumens on the LOLA, and 630 lumens on the HOLA. (SureFire underrates their lights.)

OR, for the best bang for the buck, and a really great light, get the TL FBOP (8"--shorter than Mag2D) with the premium pack and a 375 lumen LA.

And there are many other options as well, but those are the ones I have first hand knowledge of. Good luck!

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
spyderknut said:
How about a Scorpion R500?

Great suggestion, spyderknut! This is a phenomenal light for the price. It's very bright, and very easy to recharge - it literally plugs right in!

I've been very happy with mine, *but* a number of people have reported that their bulb blew after a few minutes of use or that their battery failed to hold a charge. If you can find a used one that's already been tested by someone, I'd highly recommend it (or you could just buy one from lighthound.com, which has great customer service). A very bright light for a very good price.

- FITP

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
i know you want more then 200 lumes but the streamlight tl-3 is 200 lumes and $50, and you can upgrade it with a new bulb and some rechargeables,from what i have read it can be 2x brighter with mods. i have one and what to upgrade it.

frank777

Enlightened
If you do not mind waiting, the new Cree XR-E led's should put out close to 200 lumens at 2.6 watts. There should be some good flashlights within a year or so that utilize these new LEDs.