Sweet! New accessories!

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Seeing the new "Arc4" style clips for my HDS B42 available from Lighthound, I just had to get one!
It arrived yesterday and it's a huge ergonimic improvement. Much easier to handle and grap the light.That said, the finish ain't fantastic! I know....I'm extremely hysterical about sharp and rough edges!
biggrin.gif
Took me an hour or so with grain 400 sandpaper and stuff to make it feel OK for me. But apart from that, great improvement!

A few pics of the little thing:
Mounted on the HDS

hdsclip1.jpg

Edge detail (after sanding) I sanded all the exposed edges. It's spring steel and might rust, but hey, that's what CLP is for!
biggrin.gif

Other angle
hdsclip3.jpg

Extreme closeup of edge (it doesn't feel nearly as bad as it looks!
wink.gif
) I think I need to clarify, that these clips are great and if they should have been finished like I'd like them to be, they would have cost a small fortune. No complaints from me, I don't mind "breaking my stuff in" and have done so many times.

hdsclip4.jpg

Next up, a thing I have been lusting for ever since I saw it announced; the McGizmo McTC/McClicky tailcap!

Just the thing for preventing my SF L4 from turning on in my pocket by accident!
eek.gif
Yes, I have tried it and it gets pretty darn hot! Ouch! :ohgeez:

On the L4

mccl4.jpg

As expected, it's a bit harder to use the light in "tactical" grip, since the protection makes the switch harder to reach. I can get it to work in momentary (I have short fingers. My wife had no problems at all with it) but I can't click it on. Slight change of hand position and no problem.

The action is very much different from Surefire's Z57/Z58 tc's. Smooth, very silent, but secure! Reminds me of the VitalGear switches, but this one is a lot stiffer in a good way! Awesome work, Don!

A few detail shots:

mccl4b.jpg

mccl4c.jpg

Fit and finish is at least on par with Surefire.

And...... ta-daa....! The light will now stand on it's tail! If ya got an E series Surefire, get one of these while they are in production! Works great with "stogie grip" too, BTW!

Got both the HDS clip and tailcap from Lighthound. Super fast shipping (four days to Denmark.....!) and always outstanding service from John!

Last edited:

BBL

Enlightened
the mcgizmo tailcap design changed... mine has 'sharper' edges inside the holes.
I'm not too fond of sharp edges too...

Does the tailcap match the color of the L4? In the pictures it seems so.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
BBL said:
the mcgizmo tailcap design changed... mine has 'sharper' edges inside the holes.
I'm not too fond of sharp edges too...

Does the tailcap match the color of the L4? In the pictures it seems so.
I see. It's my first of Don's creations, but I just looked at a couple of pics of older designs and it seems like this one is more "open" designwise.

The anodizing is a little darker than on the L4, but my camera wasn't able to capture that very well. Not a bad match at all, though!