Pelican M3 revisted

Paladin

Enlightened
Had this light out yesterday, and it performed nicely during our evening hike. Much more spill than a SF KL3 or KL1, but the hot spot threw almost as well. This light is basically identical in size to the Cold Steel "KOGA" zytel kubotan-like device. The solid tailcap can be used for "hammering", and the bezel end for "jabs". The plain appearance doesn't offend anyone!

All that real world useage aside, what I hope is that this light might be suitable for running rechargable cells. With three used but strong cells the light pulled 670mA at the tailcap. With 2 cells, it pulled 840mA. So if 6 to 9 volts works OK, what rechargeable option would work to replace the length of 3 CR123's?

The battery tube diameter fits SL cells really loose, and measured 0.680 in./1.730cm. if that matters.

The front bezel unscrews easily to reveal the emitter, so replacing the LED might be easy as well.

Does anyone else use one of these lights either daily or as a mod platform?

Paladin

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one that was really, really purple. I like the form factor but the tint killed me. I pulled the heatsink out and pried the star off it, and clipped the wires without marking pos neg. If any modders want to put a u-bin or a new cree in it for me, i will compensate as needed. Fairly deep orange peel reflector, so the cree might work very well. Looks pretty easy for anyone with minor skill like paladin said.

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
i have two of the m3's, i put t-bins in them and thay are very bright. i allso have a m1 one cell 1 watt i got last week. i just put a r-bin 1 watt in that very nice.i run powerizer 3.0v rechareables in all of them. i get 1 hour and 10 mins run time from all the lights. it's werid because u would think the 3 cell would give more run time but it doesn't,same run time with one cell 1 watt as three cell 3 watt with the powerizer. they are very easy to mod so go and get u some u-bins and go for it. i want some u- bins or some cree's to put in.