Private Message notice and response

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you are not reading your email carefully. The UBB Private Message system has the option to notify you by email when you have a Private Message. This email is just a notice. If you respond to it it goes to the [email protected] email address. It does NOT get forwarded to the originator of the private message. I just flush them down the toilet.

You need to log on to CPF and respond through the private message system. Do NOT reply to the email notice.

If you wish to turn off the notification system, you can through my profile>>View/Update Profile.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
David

Just on Monday, another CPF member PM me regarding the ARC adapter, but I never recceived an e-mail notification.

I checked my profile, and the email notification is "on"...what gives? Is it my server (earthlink) not being able to communicate with the Ubb server problem?

Also, please email me your address... I have a "gift" for you (ARC-finity adapter)

Glad to see the boss back in the saddle
smile.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a different problem. My email server doesn't like some email accounts. Somewere along the line they're blocked either by my email server or by another. earthlink.com and mindspring.com email accounts are the first two that come to mind. There are others.

My new address is:

David Williams
4752 Elon Crescent
Lakeland, FL 33810

Darell

Flashaholic
On the subject of PM's... once you have responded to one, it is just gone, right? No way to get back to it to continue the discussion? I notice that if I don't respond, they hang around for a bit, but once I hit the respond button, I can never get them back. Did I miss something, or is that just they way they are? I'm somewhat of a PM newbie. I like email...

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM's are like that - once sent,you lose them until the person replies to you. Only one person at a time has the record of the exchange.
Seems downright strange to me, in this space-age world.

Anyway, I just sent you a PM !!

lightlover

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell, I just sent "The second one", a moment ago.

Strange - maybe the system processes them at intervals or something ?

I'm sure it was your PM icon I clicked on - otherwise - I might've accidentally PM'd the Boss !!
shocked.gif
blush.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

lightlover

Size15's

Flashaholic
I hate Private Messages.
I force myself to check mine as often as I remember.
I email. I know that some people don't show their email - why can't they setup a hotmail account like everyone else that doesn't want to give away personal info?

Anyways,
I never knew that DavidW was David Williams!
blush.gif

I've always thought his surname was "Doubleyah" or something so he shortened it for ease?!
tongue.gif

Al
rolleyes.gif

P.S.
Members that aren't Moderators or Administrators can post on this thread too...
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Wow, it IS like a good ol' boys club here for mods and admins, huh?

I totally agree with you Al. Email is where it's at. I like being able to control my communications.