Recycle flashlights?

daveman

Enlightened
Does anybody know of a place to properly dispose of old flashlights? I have seveal 2 123A LED lights that I just have no more use for, but can't give away to non-flashaholics because they run on expensive cells and are not as bright as the MagLEDs. They really are not good mod hosts as one is a very dim titanium? X5, a Goldston (don't have rechargables to feed it), and an first generation Inova XO. What do you guys do with old lights that you don't use anymore?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to get rid of them,ill takem.Ill use em as car lights or try modding them anyway.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't mind taking one. I need one to eat up the rest of the 123s from my incan lights.

cutlerylover

Banned
I am so broke but have caught the flashlight bug recently...I would love to take whatever you have to offer...Thank you!

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
Okay, before one of the moderators come in and shut me down, I want to make clear that I'm NOT selling any lights here. I have every intention of giving them away as I don't have the mod skills to mod these perfectly good lights that I don't use. I have an Inova X5 in natural that's VERY dim from unknow reason, but you may be able to get Inova to give you a new one as they have a warranty of some sort for 10 year; I have an original Inova XO in natural in perfect condition, but the new P1 is brighter, imagin that... I have a Goldston, brand new, but no rechargabels to fee it; if you want these lights, say which one you want (one per person), tell me what kind of shipping to send it with, and pay for the shipping, and the light is yours. I repeat, I'm NOT selling these lights, more like giving them to other members who can mod these lights into a second life...

cutlerylover

Banned
Ill take the Invoa XO..I will pay for shipping (priority mail) I will have just enough money to cover shipping!

I will take the X5 to if I am alowed more than 1...

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
cutlerylover said:
Ill take the Invoa Xo and the Inova X5..I will pay for shipping (priority mail) I will have just enough money to cover shipping!
Okay, since you're the first person to respond, I'll just give you both. The XO is in perfect condition, but you'll want to get Inova to fix the X5 as it's very dim. How much is priority shipping to your address? You might want to pm me.

To the Mods: I didn't know this thread was going to turn into "sharing" thread. If this is in the wrong section, please move it for me. I repeat, I'm not making any money off of this, people who want these lights only pay for the shipping of their choice, I just don't want these lights to sit on my desk as paperweight.

daveman

Enlightened
I have 2 more lights left if anybody wants to mod them or something: a brand new Goldston, I don't have rechargables to feed it, so it was a bad purchase on my part. A brand new Huntlight FT-01, HAII. This FT-01 was the defective one I got from JSBURLY, but Jon sent me another one AND told me to keep the defective one because he was such a nice guy to do business with. Anyhow, the FT-01's problem is that somewhere in its threads it's having problem letting the current through to the LED, so it will not light up when I screw the headunit anymore than halfway in. Halfway out, the light works. Fix it, and you got yourself a great light, as other members have been very satisfied with the FT-01.

Again, these are for free, just pay for shipping. ONE LIGHT PER PERSON FROM NOW ON.

daveman said:
Okay, since you're the first person to respond, I'll just give you both. The XO is in perfect condition, but you'll want to get Inova to fix the X5 as it's very dim. How much is priority shipping to your address? You might want to pm me.

To the Mods: I didn't know this thread was going to turn into "sharing" thread. If this is in the wrong section, please move it for me. I repeat, I'm not making any money off of this, people who want these lights only pay for the shipping of their choice, I just don't want these lights to sit on my desk as paperweight.

Well, I did contact you by PM first :(

sent:

11-05-2006
recycling lights
02:59 PM daveman

Response rec'd :
11-05-2006 Re: recycling lights
03:07 PM daveman

OH WELL.../

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
Handlobraesing said:
Well, I did contact you by PM first :(

11-05-2006 Re: recycling lights
03:07 PM daveman

Shoot, this is turning into a disaster, man I'm horrible at this. Do you want my FT-01?? if you fix it, it'll be a great light, Handel... let me know.

Meduza

Enlightened
Another way to recycle your flashlights is to give them away to people that cant afford to buy expensive flashlights or non-flashaholics in the CPF christmas giveaway.

daveman

Enlightened
Meduza said:
Another way to recycle your flashlights is to give them away to people that cant afford to buy expensive flashlights or non-flashaholics in the CPF christmas giveaway.
I'd gladly give them away to non-flashaholics, but like I said, these lights all run on expensive cr123s, and I don't think average joes would pay $5 for a battery at radio shack. How do I sign up for the Christmas giveaway??:grin2:

Meduza

Enlightened
Due to that the giveaway is contended here on CPF, by "non-flashaholics" i mean people that is on their way to be flashaholic but havt bought any lights yet :)

Here is last years thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/99833

ksbman said that he would make one this year again, so he is the man to contact.

daveman

Enlightened
I was hoping to get a few free lights myself, but I guess non-flashahoics will get preference over me.

I still have an unused Goldston and an in-need-of-fixing FT-01; if nobody wants them, i'll ask Ksbman if he wants to add them to this year's Christmass giveaway.

To the mods: Cutlerlover has agreed to pay me $8.10 for priority shipping for two Inovas. The payment will probably be money order as I have no paypal account. No profit was made on my part.

cutlerylover

Banned
Thats true, I am only paying for the fixed rate priority shipping box so that he can send them to me, he will NOT profit from this, and I didn't buy them from him...

daveman said:
Shoot, this is turning into a disaster, man I'm horrible at this. Do you want my FT-01?? if you fix it, it'll be a great light, Handel... let me know.

No thank you.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill take the goldstron and try to fix the hunt ft 01, if avail.

Last edited: