Well, well, well. The Terralux TLE-5 Ministar2 reflector fits perfectly in a L1 head.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my L1 head sitting here waiting for an emitter (that will hopefully be here tomorrow). So I decided to fool around with the innards and try different things. So I grabbed my bag of reflectors that TerraLux sent me for free for my TLE-5 Ministar2 module. The first one I used a dremel to grind down flange around the front edge a little so it would rest inside the black spacer ring thats in there (just like the KL1 head). That didn't work out since the reflector is shorter than the optic, everything would be loose when the heatsink was tightened down since there was nothing pushing on the lens to keep it tight. So I got out another one and simple set it on TOP of the spacer ring. That worked perfectly. The reflecter centered itself exactly as I tightened the heatsink down. Just have to be sure you don't tighten too much or you might break the reflector.

This might not be the best reflector you can use for the L1 head. Anyone know of a reflector that is better for it?