• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale: 4000 Lumens *** Mag623 *** 2D Body *** New

vortechs

Enlightened
:wow:

Those turnkey builds are getting pretty impressive. Has this one reached the level of being able to set newspaper on fire?

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Aw geez, I think I just heard a big "whoosh" sound coming from my bank account...

"I'll take it!" Number 1 black, please! PayPal on the way...

- FITP

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
:paypal: :thanks:

Payment's there! Thanks again - this looks to be incredible. I was disappointed that I missed out on cmacclel's "The Torch," but I now have a consolation prize. ;-)

MadMaxabeam, you're making some incredible builds lately. :goodjob:

- FITP

hivoltage

Enlightened
Aw Man, I was going to order the blue one. What color is Pewter, I might get that one. Also I have a couple good Remote Control chargers so I wouldnt need a charger, would I still get the charging jack?

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Heh. Sorry, Hivoltage! I successfully switched to blue yesterday, but I can definitely recommend the pewter; I have a Mag85 in that color, and it's gorgeous. In fact, one of the reasons I switched my Mag623 to blue - besides the fact that it looks cool - is that I already have numerous MagMods in black and pewter. I need some visible way to differentiate `em! This'll be my first blue...

- FITP

activeuk

Newly Enlightened
ill have it sending paypal now for the torch international delivery and a spare battery pack
the black one please

DrJ

Enlightened
I'll take the Pewter + extra battery pack...Paypal sent....

Last edited:

hivoltage

Enlightened
Awww Man, I go away to do a good deed for a relative, and come home and all 3 of them are sold.:rant: Thats what I get for screwing around!!!!!!

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Yikes! Gotta hop on `em fast, hivoltage.

I wouldn't worry. Mad_Maxabeam's hands must be on fire; he's been creating some incredible hotwires lately! You probably won't have to wait long for him to make another phenomenal creation...

- FITP

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thing is incredible! I love my WolfEyes Rattlesnake at 300 Lumens, but FOUR THOOOOOWSAND lumens?!?!? even at 8 minutes run time, how could I possibly not carry one of these?!?!?!?!?:goodjob:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Light rec'd! Holy crap, is this thing bright. It literally makes my Mag85 look like a Mini-Mag. I'm spoiled forever...

Here are my initial impressions:

First, the build quality is excellent. The components are well constructed and assembled, and the light works exactly as advertised. The battery fit is a little bit tight, but that doesn't affect the performance at all. MadMaxabeam clearly takes pride in putting these together, and it shows.

The beam leans towards floody, which is probably best for distances up to about 150 feet. Inside, it literally lights up the entire room - I just don't know how else to put it. It's not a flashlight, it's a room light. The interesting thing is that beyond 150 feet, my Mag85's spot can be as bright or brighter. But this isn't the Mag623's fault - chalk it up to the reflector type, since the Mag623's using a medium stipple. I'll try to switch reflectors and give people a comparison, which I'm sure will make the Mag623 a throw-monster lumen-monster. Again, the Mag623's "flood" is like nothing I've ever seen. Night into day, folks.

All in all, a phenomenal creation at a very reasonable price! My hat's off to MadMaxabeam.

(By the way, in one of the emails MadMaxabeam sent me, he suggested backing the tail cap off a bit when the light's not in use just to break the electrical contacts. I can see why! An accidental turn-on would light your dresser on fire and burn the house down.)

Did I mention that this thing's bright? =)

- FITP

Last edited:

DrJ

Enlightened
Sounds really excellent...so then I'm hoping mine will arrive soon too....

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
DrJ, I'm a little jealous - I'll bet she's gonna be *beautiful* in pewter. =)

This thing should carry a warning (like the one that I'm unabashedly stealing from an old "TankLight" post):

"Warning: Do not look into Mag623 with remaining eye."

=)

- FITP

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought one of Max's Mag85's. Great light, Great build, real bright!!! He makes great stuff. I highly recommend any of his lights. I am going to have to buy one of his 4000 Lumen beast's now!!! Does anyone have a link to reflectors. I have two of the Mag85's and they have a medium stipple on them. Is the mirror finish the best for throw? Thanks, Tony

DrJ

Enlightened
Yep...mine arrived today...I wanted something sort of stealth, so the pewter is nice...thanks a bunch for the fast shipping...this thing is REALLY BRIGHT and indeed built very well...darkness is still a few hours away though, more testing to come....