• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S: McGizmo Modded SF L1 w/ KL4 Lux III Head **SOLD**

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale: McGizmo Modded Surefire L1!!!

McGizmoL1.jpg

McGizmoL1-2.jpg

I recently picked this light up in the "September Odds & Ends Action" that McGizmo put together recently. This light is a Surefire L1 that has been bored out to accept 2x123 batteries. The head has been replaced with a KL4 head that has been modded with a DB917 and a Lux III (of unknown bin but of excellent quality). Even though it has been bored out, it does maintain its dual stage brightness capability.

The light is in the exact condition I received it from Don in. However, I would say its in "good" to "excellent" condition. Its defintely not mint, as it has a few small dings on the body. Nothing to worry about, but a few small belmeshes are evident.

Will include a new set of batteries and Oregonshooter (not Neko's as previous described, sorry) tail guard!

ASKING $250 dollars, shipped CONUS! International Buyers, add $5

***NOW ONLY $230*** ***SOLD TO STARFIRETOO***

Conditions:
1) First person to post "I'll take it" here in this thread takes priority.

2) Payment must be made via Paypal only. If you simply cannot pay by Paypal, please contact my privately and I can try to work something out on a case-by-case basis.

3) Pricing listed above includes shipping as indicated and I will accept CC payments. However, all Buyers must add 3% to the priced indicated to cover PayPal fees.

4) Shipping: For all items priced under $50 dollars the cost includes First Class shipping with DC. All items priced over $50 dollars the cost will include Priority Mail shipping with DC. In either case, the price does not include insurance or other mailing services. If you would like changes to your shipping (upgrades, insurance, signature confirmation, etc.) please PM me to work out any additional costs. I will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items.

5) The Buyer is hereby asked to remit to my PM subsequent any post of "I'll take it" within 24 hours. Several recent incidents have put me in a difficult and unwanted postion of being between an unresponsive buyer and the next individual in line. So I am asking you now, that if you cannot respond within 24 hours, please indicate in the thread publically or PM me of your intentions. Communication is king! If I do not hear from you, I will simply relist the item as "still available". No hard feelings.

Man, I feel like a lawyer!! What happened to the good ol days?!

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
MSax

Last edited:

oregonshooter

Enlightened
Re: F/S: McGizmo Modded SF L1 w/ KL4 Lux III Head!

Can you link me to what makes this light so cool? I think need it, but know why. :)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: McGizmo Modded SF L1 w/ KL4 Lux III Head (2 Stage Brightness)!**$ Drop**

Bump with a price drop!

MSax

oregonshooter

Enlightened
Re: F/S: McGizmo Modded SF L1 w/ KL4 Lux III Head (2 Stage Brightness)!**$ Drop**

I'm confused. :)

It is normally a 1xcr123 body that somehow now carries (2)? Or it's bored out for rechargeables that are larger in DIA?

What are the throw and spill characteristics? Is it basically a brighter L4 pattern with lots of flood?

What is the low setting? 15lumish?

oregonshooter

Enlightened

Can you beam shot it against an E2E for me?

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Oregonshooter...

If you buy this light (and admit it...it`s speaking to you!), you`ll essentially get one of these great lights, but with a KL4 head:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96626&highlight=McGizmo

I have *several* of the lights shown in the linked thread, and they`re very, very nice. (I use mine especially for deer hunting.)

According to Roy`s run time data, the light for sale in this thread will probably run about 1.5 hours on high, and 31 hours on low. That`s a nice combination for any use...whether indoors or outdoors. You can find Roy`s info here (under "McGizmo SF L1-PRT"): http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28496&highlight=PR-t

Again...it`s speaking to you. Listen to it, and don`t let it drift off into the cyberspace wilderness without you.

:) :D

Last edited:

oregonshooter

Enlightened

Well I gotta admit it's speaking to me, but I'm looking for a replacement for my A2 and do not have much love for LEDs that I've seen so far. The HD45 I won in the raffle being the exception. I don't know enough about the mods so I need pictures. :)

I was gonna grab that one you just got, but was too slow!! My offer for beam shots stands! :)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jim,

Well, to be quite honest with you, I don't know how to take beam shots and I fear it every time someone asks. On top of that I don't own a E2E to compare it against. So I will post the following "ATTEMPT" at a beam shot. Please do not rely on the color for either of these light. The beams are both pure white, possibly a bit on the warm side. Like I said I can't take beamshots. Only use them for the overall shape of the corona and amount of spill.

Beamshot-1.jpg

As you can see the L4 on the left has a bigger hotspot and a bit more spill compared to the light being offered on the right. However, the intensity of the hotspot of the light on the right is much more pronounced. Therefore you get a bit more throw out of this light than you would over a L4.

Also, the body of the light being offered has been bored out to fit 2x123s. The light does not work with rechargeables, as they are too fat. However, if the light could be reamed again, the rechargeables probably would work fine with the board that is in there.

Hope I answered your questions.

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

...oh and the low is probably around 20-30 lumens, I'm guessing.

MSax

oregonshooter

Enlightened

So the modded KL4 has a tighter better throwing beam than a standard L4 but useable spill also.

light being offered has been bored out to fit 2x123s
I still don't get this? Is this a single cell light normally? Can you post something next to it for scale? It looks like a normal 2 cell light in the picture to me.

Or just give me the OAL and I'll compare it to my A2

oregonshooter

Enlightened

MSaxatilus,
Do you mind if I use one of those photos for my new webstore? I don't have any pics of a smooth tailcap.

PS. How much for the light without the tail bezel? :) j/k

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

OS,

Let see,

1) Beam Quality:

So the modded KL4 has a tighter better throwing beam than a standard L4 but useable spill also.

Yes, the KL4 head has a tighter beam that will throw further than a stock KL4/L4 with a Lux V in it. However, the Lux V will have a broader "wall of light" effect. But the light I am offering definitely has useable sidespill. Think of them as almost the same type of head, but the light I am offering focuses the beam into more of a hotspot, whereas the stock KL4/L4 would spread the light out a bit.

2) Cells?

I still don't get this? Is this a single cell light normally? Can you post something next to it for scale? It looks like a normal 2 cell light in the picture to me.
Yes the L1 is normally a single cell light. McGizmo has bored out the components in the head end of the body to allow 2 cells to fit in there. I unfortunately, can't give you a side by side right now, because I'm at work, but I'll try to post something tonight if you'd like. For the time being.... check these out:

M1L1-3.jpg

That is a stock L1 (well actually a Milky L1) but that's gives you an idea of the scale next to a M1.

According to Surefire the L1 is 4.6 inches long. A link to their website should give you a good comparison to the A2.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/528/sesent/00

3) Pictures?

Do you mind if I use one of those photos for my new webstore? I don't have any pics of a smooth tailcap.

Sure, no problem. I'll do you one better, if you purchase the light, I'll take a few closeup shots specifically of the tailcap that will really show off the tailcap bezel. :grin2: Seriously though, if you'd like me to take a few shots for your webstore, send me a PM. We can work something out.

4) Tail Bezel?

PS. How much for the light without the tail bezel? :) j/k

I think you charged me $15 for the tail bezel. I will take that amount off the light for you: $215, shipped.

MSax

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit:
PM Sent

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

In accordance with Rule #1 in the first post, the light has been sold to Starfiretoo pending funds!

PM replied.

oregonshooter

Enlightened
You better have charged him for the tailcap! :) I can't believe it took this long for a sniper to come along. LOL

I was just about to post "I'll take it, when I read starfiretoo's post."

Thanks for the info MSaxatilus! I learned something.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry it's
sold.gif

Been watching this for 4 days. I was going to take it at the price reduction when i've seen your post and held back. I was not sure if you wanted it or not. I definitely learned a lot in this thread.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jim,

Sorry about that by starfiretoo beat you to the punch! I'm glad you understand.

This light will be in the mail in the morning.

MSax